Weekend Trip to the Hill Country (mostly wildflowers)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JeffKohn, Apr 22, 2007.

1. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Last weekend we went to the Hill Country, spending Saturday at Enchanted Rock SNA, staying overnight in Fredericksburg, and then driving to Inks Lake SP where we camped overnight Sunday. The weather was great (although it got awfully cold overnight Saturday - glad we were in a hotel that night), and the wildflowers were still nice although not being familiar with the area I spent too much time driving around looking for good areas.

Anyways here are some shots, as always comments/critiques/feedback welcome. Click on any image to get the gallery page with EXIF info.

Sunrise, Inks Lake SP
    original.

Loyal Valley, Mason County
    original.

Pecan Flats Trail, Inks Lake SP
    original.

Keyserville Rd
    original.

Solitary Tree, Top of Enchanted Rock
    original.

2. Very nice series Jeff. Brings back good memories (I'm a native Texan). Next time you are out by Fredricksberg, try the Wimberely Loop. Very interesting drive.

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks David. Do you by any chance mean the Willow City Loop? I've heard about it and seen some pictures, but we didn't have time to check it out.

4. Awesome, just awesome. Nice to see what Pat Green and Roger Creager are always talking about!

5. Almost unreal scenarios. Well captured. Any post processing work besides levels and basics?

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Jeff - thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

Alex - thanks. For shots 1 and 3 I took separate exposures for the sky and foreground and combined them in post. I also sometimes boost color separation in LAB mode, although for images shot in soft overcast light such as dawn/dusk oftentimes all it takes to make the colors pop is setting the black point in Levels.

7. absolutely wonderful!

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Dave!

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great series Jeff! Glad to see so many wildflowers.

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    You are quite the master with beautiful tonal compositions. Congrats

Regards

RFC

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful

12. Hey Jeff -

These are beautifully composed, executed, and presented!

Thanks,

Eric

13. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Mark , Robert, Gale, and Eric - Thanks for the kind workds, I really appreciate the feedback.

14. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    You definately have an "eye" for your subject matter, wonderful series of shots once again. - Jeff

15. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Great shots . I really like 1 & 4.

16. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    These are all gorgeous! 4 & 5 are my favorites. I hope to produce photos this nice some day.

17. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Jeff, Biggs, and Kellie - thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

18. Trey USAF

Trey USAF Guest

Thx for posting these. I moved from San Antonio 1 year ago, and your images bring recent fond memories. Inks Lake and Enchanted Rock, are two of our favorite weekend getaways. We camped at Garner alot more actually, being a bit more of a social park. Thx again. I love the Texas Hill Country.:smile:

19. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

nice color and tone.

20. tjny

tjny Guest

Truly wonderful images, great serries,