Weekend Trip to the Hill Country (mostly wildflowers)

Last weekend we went to the Hill Country, spending Saturday at Enchanted Rock SNA, staying overnight in Fredericksburg, and then driving to Inks Lake SP where we camped overnight Sunday. The weather was great (although it got awfully cold overnight Saturday - glad we were in a hotel that night), and the wildflowers were still nice although not being familiar with the area I spent too much time driving around looking for good areas.

Anyways here are some shots, as always comments/critiques/feedback welcome. Click on any image to get the gallery page with EXIF info.

Sunrise, Inks Lake SP
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Loyal Valley, Mason County
original.jpg

Pecan Flats Trail, Inks Lake SP
original.jpg

Keyserville Rd
original.jpg

Solitary Tree, Top of Enchanted Rock
original.jpg

Thanks David. Do you by any chance mean the Willow City Loop? I've heard about it and seen some pictures, but we didn't have time to check it out.

Jeff - thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

Alex - thanks. For shots 1 and 3 I took separate exposures for the sky and foreground and combined them in post. I also sometimes boost color separation in LAB mode, although for images shot in soft overcast light such as dawn/dusk oftentimes all it takes to make the colors pop is setting the black point in Levels.

These are all gorgeous! 4 & 5 are my favorites. I hope to produce photos this nice some day.

T

Trey USAF

Thx for posting these. I moved from San Antonio 1 year ago, and your images bring recent fond memories. Inks Lake and Enchanted Rock, are two of our favorite weekend getaways. We camped at Garner alot more actually, being a bit more of a social park. Thx again. I love the Texas Hill Country.:smile:

Last weekend we went to the Hill Country, spending Saturday at Enchanted Rock SNA, staying overnight in Fredericksburg, and then driving to Inks Lake SP where we camped overnight Sunday. The weather was great (although it got awfully cold overnight Saturday - glad we were in a hotel that night), and the wildflowers were still nice although not being familiar with the area I spent too much time driving around looking for good areas.

Anyways here are some shots, as always comments/critiques/feedback welcome. Click on any image to get the gallery page with EXIF info.

Latest threads

Top Bottom