1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

weekly dog portrait

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by lr0868, Sep 29, 2008.

1. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    decided to try the 35 mm F2 today, I liked the way these came out

Trixie

at F4

dsc_44502.

dsc_44533.

at F2

dsc_44692.

dsc_44712.

dsc_44702_filtered.

2. Hey Lisa... Nice series of shots...
    You must have been up close with the 35mm...
    Looks like Trixie doesn't mind the camera in her face... LOL....

3. Love 'em!!
    I didn't even know that you owned that lens!

4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks Wally, yes I think I am conditioning her to having her pic taken and getting in close since I chase her around so much

Thanks Rebecca :) 

5. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice pictures, Lisa. My dog is not nearly so cooperative at close shooting range. She just sits there and turns her head to the side with an air of "I'm not in the mood at this moment!'

That 35/2 is a jewel of a lens, eh?!

6. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv

well Trixie usually gets her beotchy face on and will turn her head as well, but she has being much more cooperative lately. I have also discovered for good portraits to just hold a toy or treat to get her to focus.

These were the first ones I snapped with this lens and I love it, I think maybe more than my 50mm:eek: 

BTW...I am making your collars today

7. :eek:  Blasphemy!

You do NOT!
    oh man. You got me wanting the Sigma 30 f1.4, and now you got me wanting THIS lens.:biggrin:

8. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv

I reaaaalllly like this lens..I think more than the Sigma though the Sigma is 1.4

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.