Weekly newspaper Ad, which one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidzvi, Jul 15, 2008.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I am putting an ad in a local weekly newspaper and trying to decide which of these designs I like the best.

332391957_oBJRL-L.

332392104_9afRr-L.

2. I like #2--it seems more complete.

3. and balanced.....

4. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I like that one as well, but my better half thinks the logo is lost a little in the first one and can't be missed in the second one.

5. I like #2, but would like to see it made up without the little photo.
    I don't think it adds much. In fact its vivid color compared to the bride steals attention from what I'm guessing is the main image.

Usually less = more.:smile:

Don

6. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska

I prefer #2 and actually like the small inset photo although I might reduce the resolution and brightness. I see the small photo as representing the bride's remembering a fond memory.

7. Yep, second one for me too, theres a bit too, much empty space in the top right on the first one.

8. tintingkc

tintingkc Guest

I think # 2 looks best. I think it would look better with the smaller pic at a lower opacity as well. Then again in a paper the ad will look different anyways.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    The original Ad (#1) went in a wedding flyer. My intent in the newspaper and other places is to switch up the photos. For the paper ad that I am working on now I will change the little insert to a Bar Mitzvah photo, just have not picked which one yet.

Another reason I'm leaning to #2 is I can put a vertical in the inset as well.

10. Either work for me, however I think you can drop some of the words as they are repetitive, in my opinion. Simply saying... "Capturing your events and preserving your memories" is all you need to say.

11. One thing to consider is how well this will print on newspaper. Whites are not exactly going to be white, but rather the off white of the paper.

In #2 the word Photo seems to be sitting on top the bride's head which is a bit disconcerting. Or maybe it is just me:tongue:

13. I agree with #2, feeling that its more balanced.

14. #1 without the inset and the logo and text moved down slightly so it's not directly beneath her chin. Nice logo by the way.

15. #2 is the best

The inserted image in #1 cuts off the bouquet of flowers and the lettering cuts across her chest.

The phone number in #2 is less cluttered and my eye catches it. In #1 the area of the phone number does not stand out.

16. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    #2. From first glance it jumped at me.

First glance is what matters in an ad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.