Weekly newspaper Ad, which one?

Real Name
David
I am putting an ad in a local weekly newspaper and trying to decide which of these designs I like the best.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like #2, but would like to see it made up without the little photo.
I don't think it adds much. In fact its vivid color compared to the bride steals attention from what I'm guessing is the main image.

Usually less = more.:smile:

Don

I prefer #2 and actually like the small inset photo although I might reduce the resolution and brightness. I see the small photo as representing the bride's remembering a fond memory.

T

tintingkc

I think # 2 looks best. I think it would look better with the smaller pic at a lower opacity as well. Then again in a paper the ad will look different anyways.

Real Name
David
The original Ad (#1) went in a wedding flyer. My intent in the newspaper and other places is to switch up the photos. For the paper ad that I am working on now I will change the little insert to a Bar Mitzvah photo, just have not picked which one yet.

Another reason I'm leaning to #2 is I can put a vertical in the inset as well.

One thing to consider is how well this will print on newspaper. Whites are not exactly going to be white, but rather the off white of the paper.

#2 is the best

The inserted image in #1 cuts off the bouquet of flowers and the lettering cuts across her chest.

The phone number in #2 is less cluttered and my eye catches it. In #1 the area of the phone number does not stand out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom