Weight of CD's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baywing, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I sent a cd out in the mail last week, cost $0.83 First Class. I went to the same post office today, sent the same brand cd from the same batch, in the same envelope, and it cost $1.06!!! I can't figure out how the same packet can weigh that much more on a different day. Oh, wait! I just figured it out, the cd's I sent out today had more photos on them, so they are heavier. In the words of Miss Emily Latella, "Never Mind!" :wink:

2. That was good for a laugh. I will have to remember not to put too many images on the CD's that I send. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2005
  3. Something I have always tried to do, select pictures (really bright and really dark shots) and time the writing so all the dark ('ones') are on one side and all the light ('zeros') are on the other.

Makes the thing wobble.

Sorry...

4. Funny story. Did you put the disk in a jewel box? I just sent 2 disks out in paper sleeves and it was .37 each.

5. I got the disks back yesterday. There were new stickers on the envelopes. Apparently it is square and required an additional 12 cents to mail. What a racket!

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Did you send the CD to the same location?

7. Yeah, it was just too big for first class mail I guess.