Weisman Art Museum Minneapolis, Mn

Great captures. That sky adds a lot of drama on the first one. Really nice comp on these.

- Bill

Thanks Bill, I had only a few moments till the sky opened up and started pouring rain!

Awesome!

Is the second one handheld? I'm curious because I tend to always shoot using a tripod--which limits my ability to capture images in most places that have restrictions on tripod usage.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, yes it's handheld at iso 3200. Sure wish more museums allowed tripods.

Very cool - will have to check this out next time I'm in MN.

Sean

Thanks Sean, definitely worth checking out and it's free!

Nice work...! :smile:

Thanks William.

Both are excellent shots. I do not know what program you used to edit the first shot but I use Topaz Adjust 5 but for my taste I tend to cut down on the effect to make it look more natural and I do that using the Transparency slider.
I do not mean that first shot is not an exceptional photograph, it is indeed a great shot.
The second shot is very good too and shows what modern cameras can do with noise.
Excellent visual design in both of them.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I really like the first photo. Well done.

Excellent photography! Really like the first shot! Nice composition and processing.

Samuel

Looks like Guggenheim to me.
And I like it
Nico

Like the symmetry(?) you have caught in the 2nd shot.

Thanks Les, Samuel, Nico and Colin!

Both are excellent shots. I do not know what program you used to edit the first shot but I use Topaz Adjust 5 but for my taste I tend to cut down on the effect to make it look more natural and I do that using the Transparency slider.
I do not mean that first shot is not an exceptional photograph, it is indeed a great shot.
The second shot is very good too and shows what modern cameras can do with noise.
Excellent visual design in both of them.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thanks William, I know what you're saying about the natural look but I tend to like the surreal effect on hdr's. I enjoy being able to adjust a pic to how I want it to look regardless of how it really looked. I'm sure I go too far more often than not but that's part of developing my own vision. The one thing that bothers me about the first pic is the blown out part of the sky in the top left, I need to work on that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom