Welcome Home, Andrea!

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Andrea graduated college a year ago, and accepted a job abroad in Germany. It was a natural for her, because she's the daughter of German immigrants, and speaks the language fluently. She's visiting the Bay area for the next week, and brought along her beau, Peter.

I use any party as an opportunity to work on my event photography. Here's a few more shots, all taken with the 28-70/2.8.

2. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Those are great shots. I only have one question.
    How do you rate being surrounded by all those lovely women????

3. I've reached an age where I'm regarded as harmless, so the young ladies let me share their company without concern for motive.

4. If we only knew that years ago we'd have acted harmless back then and - who knows... :rolleyes:

Great shots UF!

5. Excellent Frank, you have certainly honed your skills to a sharp edge. Did you use fill flash on these??

6. Thanks, Gordon. Yes, I used fill from the sb800 mounted on-camera. It was fitted with the LumiQuest softbox, my favorite softening device for direct flash.

7. I have the LumiQuest Softbox allso it works nice on the SB-800 but i forgot to mount it on my SB-800 most of the time. (or maybe i am to lazy to put it on the SB-800). You did a good job on these photo's. I bet they all liked the photo's.

Greetings,
    Vince

8. Thanks, Vince. I really like the Lumiquest softbox, and rarely use the sb800 without it. It's a pain, but it's worth the effort to put it on.