Welcome to my office

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by eng45ine, Apr 24, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Everyone,

Well, the new Engine 45 was finally delivered and is being put into service this Thursday. It is a beautiful piece of machinery and will be a welcome improvement in my work.

This is the old version....

And this is the latest and greatest....
    View attachment 92333

A view of my desk....
    View attachment 92334

And a view of my office chair....
    View attachment 92335

2. There is nothing like having the right tools for the job. Very impressive Frank - and nice shots!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Frits, yep...what a morale booster!

4. Oh what a beauty they both are - but the new one just sparkles with the latest "gadgets!" And you do the driving!? WOW! Wait until I tell the kids! They're gonna have a fit! Congratus Frank to you and all that will be aboard on calls! WHOOOHOOOOO!

5. The new truck is a real beauty!! Bet she is fun to drive!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks to you both...yep, this is a prime example of "Big Boys Toys"!!!

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I just showed this to Ryan and Ben (yes, they are up a little late waiting on Daddy to get home). They were so excited when they saw Uncle Frank's new FireTruck! They were both VERY impressed. Ben wanted to know if he could go for a ride! Very Cool!!!

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Very cool....and a Pierce no less, a WI special :)

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A ride in the firetruck for my best buddies.....absolutely!!!

10. Way cool Frank!
    So, who's in charge of keeping it so nice and shiney? :smile:

Don

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Don, all of our frontline vehicles get washed shortly after 8am as part of our daily vehicle check, then they get dusted off each day after dinner. The get waxed on the first Saturday of each month. We go through gallons of Armor All keeping the rather large tires shiny.

12. Cool! I bet it even takes pictures.

13. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Frank, congratulations on the new engine. It's a beauty. May you and all who ride in it always stay safe.

14. Very, very nice. Just like a Christmas present!

15. Way cool, Frank! Congrats to you and the station on the new rig. You guys deserve the best equipment in a very dangerous job.

Thanks to all the firefighters out there that put it out on the line on a daily basis.

16. It's beautiful!

Now let's see if I have time to visit your office in June.

17. She's a beauty, Frank! I'll bet you're having a blast with it.

Now, just don't leave the code written on a post-it stuck on the dash, will ya??? (I'm sure that story has gone through every station house in North American by now. Last year, some fire fighters here in Toronto were at Home Depot shopping. The fire truck was parked outside. It had a push-button ignition code system for security and the guys had left the code written on a sticky note left on the panel. Yup, some guy just hopped right in, started 'er up and had a great ride around town. When the cops asked him his intent, he said he just wanted to drive it! I can relate! :biggrin:)

18. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi frank-

that's a nice truck. how much did it cost, and how long do they last?

ricky

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a beautiful new Engine Frank

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Ricky, I think that we paid just over $425,000 and it will be in frontline service for eight years, followed by eight years of reserve service. We are expecting the delivery of a new ladder tower later this fall and it should tip the scale at $945,000. Ladder towers are put into frontline service for twelve years, then go reserve for six to eight years before being sold.