Welcome to the north shore of Lake Superior

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, May 24, 2005.

1. It was the long weekend in May in Canada - traditionally when the fishing season begins and the campers and hikers are in full force to enjoy nature.

This is the beach just outside of Rossport in Northern Ontario.
    More images of the northshore here - if you care to look.

http://www.pbase.com/alterego/rossport_2005

Bohdan

2. Nice! It reminds me of home. I grew up on the south shore of Lake Superior in Marquette.

3. Thanks Kevin.

It's at this time of year that the colours are starting to return to the lakeshore.

Bohdan

4. That brings back memories! I was swimming in Lake Superior near Catherine Cove 3 years ago. I miss it.

5. Whoa..swimming in Lake Superior....cold!!!

Thanks for replying

Bohdan

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous image.

Never been to Michigan.

Thank you for sharing the view.

I traveled so much when I was younger and have not a shot to share. :<{{

Have been to all but 7 States and been to 14 Caribbean Islands.

Did not really know about photography and my kids said I couldn't even use a disposable ....

Makes me so sad.

7. Thanks Gale...

We're in Thunder Bay Ontario. Will be travelling through Michigan in 3 weeks time.

Got an aunt in Florida...Pompano Beach?

Say hello to her when you see her for me...kidding!

Bohdan

8. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I still think the Great Lakes are so underrated for their beauty. I am a Columbus, OH native and spent many days on Erie.

Nice shot...

C

9. Thanks Cory...I've always thought the Lakes were beautiful...expecially the north of Superior...I moved up here 34 years ago and still loving it.

Bohdan

10. Northern Ontario

I think this is the best kept secret for landscapes. Everytime I go cross the 4000 miles to the Rockies, I pass thru N O and find it a real pleasure. Best landscapes spot for it"s richness and availability. Only problems are the MOSQUITOS .... :twisted:

11. It's ok Yves....we've sent all of our mosquitos to Manitoba this year....The black flies on the other hand are something else..

Bohdan