Well-built twins in black leather

Gotta love em!

MJP_4243.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aren't they beautiful Mark !!
Was the one on the left first born!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Nice matching outfits too.:biggrin:

D

Deleted member 960

Nice pair, congrats, Mark! The all-black models look slimmer than the chrome...lol.

"Everyone does what they do. You do what you do. He or she does what he or she does, and I do what I do."
That's RBSinTo's Law.
But truly, I've never understood the logic for putting leather cases or half-cases on shooter bodies, especially when they are metal.
I had an ever-ready case for my first FE and it just got in the way all the time. I don't think it took even two or three months before I took it off, and in all the years since then (over thirty), I've never had mechanical or optical damage that resulted because the body wasn't in a protective leather case.
Scratches, dings and cosmetic flaws? Of course. My bodies have those, but as long as the gear works, they're unimportant to me.
On the other hand, I must confess to one photographic cosmetic affectation and that is a preference for black over chrome-finished bodies and lenses, so on that score, I very much like and agree with your finish choice for your two bodies.

I just like the feel. The camera fits into my grip better.

Only good argument I've ever heard for them. Makes perfect sense.
To improve my grip I make nylon wrist straps which attach via custom metal base plates to the bottom of the motordrive and by metal ring through the strap lugs to the body. Makes schlepping a motorized body around on the streets in my hand much easier. Got them for my F2, FA and one of my FMs.
With my smaller, lighter non-motorized SP, S3 and CV R2S rangefinder cameras, I just wrap their shoulder straps around my right wrist and grip the camera with my fingers and thumb.

Real Name
Chris
Woo! Matching halters and straps - those are surely a pair of hotties!

Mark and Robert, I agree with both of you about half cases being useful for holding the camera. I use them with my smaller slrs: OM-1n and FG, but not with anything larger. I'm not sure about the Leica. I tried it with Michael's (mhcfires) halfcase, but I think I prefer to handle it directly.

Woo! Matching halters and straps - those are surely a pair of hotties!

Mark and Robert, I agree with both of you about half cases being useful for holding the camera. I use them with my smaller slrs: OM-1n and FG, but not with anything larger. I'm not sure about the Leica. I tried it with Michael's (mhcfires) halfcase, but I think I prefer to handle it directly.

I broke down and bought a Zhou halfcase for my M2. It fits well, has a kidney-shaped grip to help in holding it, but I have to agree, the bare camera is easier to operate. I made one that fit well, it looks good, but I have to agree that the camera is easier to operate with not case in the way.

Real Name
Andy
Beautiful cameras, Mark :smile:! I much prefer the black finish to silver myself and am even starting to hanker after one with some lacquer wear, so that the brass is showing through - how wrong is that :tongue:!?

I must admit, I'm a big fan of the FE range, too :Love:.

Can I ask, what kind of soft release buttons do you have fitted there :confused:? The only ones that I could find to fit my FEs were the Tim Isaac 'Bug's....

DSC_6480b_1000.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yours look far more 'discreet' :cool:.

Real Name
Andy
One is a Nikon AR-9, which have become a bit rare. The other one is an AR-9 clone - which can be found on ebay quite reasonably.

I do like the "bug" releases, though. They look like a lot of fun.

Ah, thanks for the info Mark :smile:. I'll keep an eye out for one of those on ebay and see if I can get a bargain.

Andy

I'm so happy with my twins that I'm thinking about selling my beautiful F3. That's a big deal for me, because the F3 has always been my dream camera. But the FE-2 is so much fun to use that it's a real possibility.

I'm gonna think about it for a few days, but I'm leaning that way.

Latest threads

Top Bottom