1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Well hello North Carolina

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LindaZ, Jul 14, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    ...Goodbye Pennsylvania.

My hubby got the job at the Marine Lab. :657: Sponge Bob just seem so appropriate for that announcement.

2. That's so great, y'all

FANTASTIC!!!!!:866:

3. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    YEAH, IT IS!!

LOL

4. I guess I should have added--"I told you so!!!!"--- but that doesn't matter anymore! :biggrin:

5. Ohh baby, yer kids are gonna LOVE the Ocean !! How far/close will you be now ?
    Congrats to yer hubby.

6. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    THX! lol Nick.....

how far from the ocean? pretty darn close, like walking distance!

7. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Wow, Linda! That is great news. Very exciting! So how soon do you move? Make sure you take lots of pictures of the process. You'll look back at them someday with fondness.

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    We'll probably move mid August, depends on when we can find a house and whether we should rent or buy a house.

9. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    That is quite a change in scenery. It will be interesting to see whether, over time, your photography changes in subject matter or composition that in any way can be traced to the change in environment.

Anyway, you can probably buy down coats that are no longer rated for sub-zero weather!

10. I hate to see you leave Pa. but at the same time I'm excited for you.

congratulations.

11. Linda,
    Congrats to hubby on the new job. My SIL works at the lab too. Finding rentals in the area was tough most of what is offered is small, and most of the time not kept up. SIL ending up buying a brand new house.

You will love the area lots to see and do. If you need any help on areas to start your search let me know I am sure I can get some info for you.

12. Congrats. Beautiful State, loaded with great photo ops. Good luck to you!

13. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    SO happy for both of you Linda! We must go celebrate!

14. Fantastic news!!

Good luck on the move. Now we can entice you with some birding.

15. My daughter just moved to Wilmington NC. last fall,been down several times,it's really nice.

16. Great news, we said it would all work out. :smile:

17. Congratulations Zelnios!!!!!!

Glad for all of you, and for North Carolina, too. We're glad to have you down here (soon, anyway).

18. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Great! Thx everyone, we're of course super happy. I will have more photo ops than I'll have time with.

Hey David, where are you at?

Yeah Allen, lets get drunk. j/k of course. We should celebrate! (we might need your man-power at some point too)

19. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    I'm not. Kevin and I already made plans for tomorrow at Zeno's LOL.

20. Congratulations! I suspect that you will find living in NC MUCH nicer in many ways than living in the congested, super-busy DC area!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.