Well here goes. My first try at a picture or two.

It is of a Hummingbird Hawk Moth feeding in flight. With kind permission of Janet Zinn

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BW. Bob F.

Bob :

You're missing a colon ( : ) after the HTTP in the first address. The second one isn't coming up at all for me.

I went to Janet's site and found the addresses and embedded them.

I hope that this helps (and that Janet isn't annoyed with me for doing a direct embed)

Nice catches, BTW. I get them in my yard in the late spring, and then try to decide to shoot them or the hummers...

John P.

Thank you very much indeed.

This type of thing is new to me, but I will get the hang og it.

Janet will not mind. She is a absolute star who is either in, or on the way soon Puerto Rico. BW. Bob F.

Hi John...no I certainly don't mind that you fixed the link for Bob...

Bob, the reason the second one wasn't working is because you had the file extension as .jpeg instead of .jpg You'll get the hang of it!

And the shots look great, I'm still amazed because these little guys are faster even than hummers I think. I'm not in Puerto Rico yet...leave on Saturday. I decided to bring my new macro lens so hopefully I'll have something to post here when I get back!

also, Bob, note that you can make a correction to your own post by clicking the "edit" button in your post. You will only see this button on posts that you entered yourself.

jczinn said:
Hi John...no I certainly don't mind that you fixed the link for Bob...I'm not in Puerto Rico yet...leave on Saturday. I decided to bring my new macro lens so hopefully I'll have something to post here when I get back!
Janet :

Great. I just try not to "grab" photos from others' websites without permission.

Wow. I _love_ PR, having worked there on a number of assignments in years gone by. You'll have ample opportunities for some bird shots (look for some more exotic hummers !) as well as the macro shots.

We'll be looking for your Puerto Rico photos soon !

John P.

P.S. I sent you an e-mail on another matter - drop me a note back if you could.

A little bit of information.

I hope you do not mind but I would occassionally like to give you information about the subject in the pictures I post.

HBHM are incredible insects. They are very small, 1.5 inches, yet can fly from Africa to England in a matter of a few days. Their wings beat at approx 90+ beats per second and their short straight line speed varies from about 5 to 10 metres a second. VERY FAST.

For Uncle Frank. The Hummingbird was named after the moth, as they arrived on earth millions of years before Archaeopteryx. About 200.

They are not as strong a flier as the Convolulus Hawk Moth. This one can fly from Africa to above the Artic Cirle in about 3.5 to 4.5 days.

These pictures were taken at our holiday home in LE VALLEE de VERT France. We, ( Pam and I), are off again in June for a month. Cannot wait.

BW. Bob F.

Hi Bob,

Great catches. Instructive informations too. Keep on posting this kind of work. As they said here in Quebec : Tonight, I will go to sleep less ignorant. Thanks for sharing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom