Well, I didn't get Best In Show

It was still a great experience. And I was the only one who sold a piece that night! :biggrin:

Here's a snapshot from a canon PnS :tongue:

2732155412_e4ee204d9a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ah sorry about that Francis. but still congrats for being chosen to begin with!

Yeah, no matter about not getting best in show. I didn't even expect to make it as far as I did! Thanks, Jerry :smile:

Sorry about not getting best in show, however getting your image into the show in the first place is certainly a big acheivement.

Nice photo from the exhibition, even if it was taken with a Canon :)

Sorry about not getting best in show, however getting your image into the show in the first place is certainly a big acheivement.

Nice photo from the exhibition, even if it was taken with a Canon :)

Thanks a lot, Robert. It was especially nice to have most of my friends and family there to support me :biggrin:

Ask and ye shall receive! Printed by a Chromira 50 on metallic paper 11x16

2733071079_f2504af1e7.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

francis
i'm sorry that you didn't get "best in show."
but... congrats on the sale
and i know that this experience will serve you well in the future

well done
thanks for the follow up

Ya, that is a cool image and I bet it looked great on metallic paper.

Thanks, Gordon. It really did. :smile:

francis
i'm sorry that you didn't get "best in show."
but... congrats on the sale
and i know that this experience will serve you well in the future

well done
thanks for the follow up

Thank you, Greg. Well said - it was a fantastic experience for me.:smile:

Congrats on having your image sold. Sorry that you were not able to get "Best In Show". It is a lovely image Francis.

God Bless,
David

Guess I can't have my cake and eat it as well. Thanks, David! :smile:

S

scooptdoo

too bad you coulnt capture that exact same pic with the background lights off.maby a daytime shot,early morning ,early evening ect....could even blur and further waAKEN THE BACKGROUND DISTRACTIONS.MY 1 CENT WORTH OF OPINION MIND YOU.

Francis,

Don't worry 'bout the BIS....you made it in, and you sold one! That in itself is a fantastic accomplishment! :biggrin:

too bad you coulnt capture that exact same pic with the background lights off.maby a daytime shot,early morning ,early evening ect....could even blur and further waAKEN THE BACKGROUND DISTRACTIONS.MY 1 CENT WORTH OF OPINION MIND YOU.

I actually took the first set of images during the day but there were cars in the background, so I decided to return later that evening when the cars were gone. The contest imposed a time frame in which to shoot the images, so I did what I could in the time permitted. I think it still came out alright :smile:

Congrats Francis... at least you sold something.

Francis,

Don't worry 'bout the BIS....you made it in, and you sold one! That in itself is a fantastic accomplishment! :biggrin:

I agree with Gretchen! You made money! What an accomplishment!

Thanks, Y'all. I'm more excited about selling a piece than not winning BIS. :biggrin:

Well Buddy you're one of the best here in our Forum!! Congrats on getting this far.

I love your image. I say in another 5 years or so...those phones will be extinct!

Well Buddy you're one of the best here in our Forum!! Congrats on getting this far.

I love your image. I say in another 5 years or so...those phones will be extinct!

You are such a liar! :tongue::biggrin: Thanks, Sen...I really do appreciate the support :biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom