Well I fianlly ordered a D200...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Nchesher, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    I finally sold my D100 which was most of the cash I needed. I got the D200, MB-200, 2 batteries giving me 4 en-el3e's total, 42" gold reflector, and a CF card reader. Total damage of a little over $1800. I can't believe I spent that much. I'm going to be busy the next few weeks.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Nathan, photography isn't an inexpensive passion, but it's well worth the sacrifices.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sacrifice is right Frank

You will love that machine

4. Busy working OT? :biggrin::tongue:

5. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Busy trying to learn the D200 inside and out before I start using it for shoots. Business has been very good the last two months so I actually could afford it. The 17-55 2.8 is next on the list. Luckily I have a dozen or so shoots lined up in the next 8 or 9 weeks. Hopefully they're big orders. :)

6. Good choices. You will definately love them.

7. Congrats! Have fun!

8. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Well Lookie who I found :)
    Congrats my friend! You're going to have a blast!

9. 5 days and counting down :wink:

10. barry lloyd

barry lloyd

Jun 12, 2007
    UK
    I found this site helpful if you want to use a flash (SB 600 ) remotely, far better than the nikon book.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/ittlslave.htm

page 6 explains what the settings are for camera and flash unit, well worth downloading.

Bazza

11. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Permit me to be brutally honest .. but with the results I just saw in the galleries of your website .. you have NO reason to switch cameras.

The word is Inspiring Nate ... truly. Awesome work. You deserve all the clients you can get.

12. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI

Thank you. I actually thing I may have some horizontal banding on it. I don't know where to host a full res pic though or I'd show one here. Photobucket resizes them. Does anyone know how I could add it to my site? Or be willing to take an email and let me know if they're seeing the same thing I am? I was mainly working on a laptop and switched to me PC downstairs when I noticed it. The monitor is a CRT. The thing is I don't see it with the D70 images. I contacted Nikon and sent a sample pic to themI haven't heard back yet. If anyone would be willing to take a look for me and give me an opinion I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm seeing horizontal lines on the whole image. They're faint but I can see them.

13. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Email it to me and I'll throw it up in full rez on my hosting site:

photog at billyngphotography dot com

14. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Ok I'll send it tonight when I'm home. Nikon responded and said he didn't see anything. The lines are tiny and since I just started seeing them on my CRT I'm hoping it's only the scan lines or something from that.

15. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    HEY!

You're HERE!

Can I come hold your lens caps or something? :biggrin: IMPRESSIVE stuff!!

16. Given the quality of your shooting, you may be happier but I'm not sure your pictures will be any better. But, hey, life's pleasures aren't always strictly rational, are they?:smile:

17. francishmt

francishmt

Jun 29, 2006
    Wow. Simply excellent.

18. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

WoW - really impressive photography - You've done a terrific job - my favorites are always the babies - The little children are priceless.....

Well done...

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

19. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Billy thanks for the offer for help but I figured it out. Pretty easy actually. But here is the image. I'm really beginning to think it's the monitor. I haven't used a CRT in a long time for photo editing. If you guys wouldn't ming taking a look at this shot. I actually see the lines in my old D70 files so that's why I'm pretty sure it's the monitor. I'll link the shot so it's not so huge and taking up space on this screen. I'm mostly seeing the stripes in the out of focus grass. I hope you guys see nothing.

http://www.nathanchesherphotography.com/images/DSC_0655.jpg

20. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    I forgot...

I'm a bit modest but thanks for the compliments. It's really great when you hear something so nice from your peers.