Well, I see we've been cast aside!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Jarrell, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    :rolleyes:
    Yes, it has finally come down to this... :Depressed No more are we to be grouped with the big boys How much lower can we go?
    *sigh* I guess I'm going to be forced to..... *shudder*..... upgrade someday... in the future... maybe.
    But in the meantime, how'se about a few fotos with a capital F! Here's what keeps me from *shudder* upgrading sooner!
    The other hobby..
    Well, I'm depressed so I think I'll go crawl under a log somewhere. Naaayyy, to many ants around here for that.
    Oh, I almost fergot.
    Photos made with a D100 and Tamron 28-75mm lens iso 200, f/25@1/160th second. raw.
    Jarrell

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now we are talking...

Cool
    I love trains :>)))

Very very nice. Love the landscape you have them on.
    Looks so realistic.

Hope you will photo the whole train yard one day :>)))

3. Jarrell,
    151 appears to be on the ground......... :smile:

From one modeler to another....
    Nice photos.......

Have anymore?

Thanks,

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thanks!

no, don't have anymore at present. I'm still in the process of getting a trackplan together and most of the layout is plain, blue foam. So, I decided to do a little many scene to practice on. I'll have to get on that engineer of 151, probably been drinkin' again.. :)
    Jarrell

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jarrell
    Is the engineer a friend of Bubbas....LOL

Need a Bubba story.

Remember when I found him in the dumpster fetching cans for you to buy the D100..

Then I got one the same month.

roflmao.

We did have some fun. Sure miss it.

6. As long as you can take images like that Jarrell, there is no need to feel depressed. Good job.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Jarrel....

Nice images, not sure which is a more expensive hobby, photography or model trains.

I have always enjoyed your work. Its definitely a cut above the rest.

Warmest regards from a fellow castaway :)

RFC

8. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Hmmmm..... it really is a hard call on which is more expensive. I haven't been in model railroading long and I'm already avoiding counting up how much I've spent. It's like anything else though, you can buy the medium priced lenses or go great glass all the way and pay for it. You can buy locomotives for $50 or $500. I think my lowest priced one, including the dcc converter for it was about $130 and the highest about $250.
    I need to take up collecting bottle caps or something.. :smile:
    Jarrell
    P.S. and wouldn't you know it.. I like the cheapest locomotive the best.. :Unsure:

9. They look quite a lot like the real thing, very nice pictures.

10. Trains! Very nicely done photographs.

I was never really into them, then my son came along. At 15 months he was showing interest. I figured it was a kid thing.

He is almost four now, and we have trains in "brio," N, HO, O and G scales. I actually taught him how to safely handle N scale trains at 2.

These days I collect passenger trains in N scale. Mostly bullet trains and classic American trains such as the California Zephyr.

He and I have ridden on dozens (literally) of trains together.

[​IMG]

11. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    Jarrell, I just don't think you're busy enough. You may need to add stamp and coin collecting to your hobbies. Oh, and don't forget fine art...

12. I think your train images are wonderful. They are so crisp and the backgrounds are great. I had to look twice to decide if they were models or not. My collection is currently stored in bins. Some day we hope to have enough room to layout the entire set. Right now Rokenbok takes priority!

13. Jarrell,

As one modeler to another... very nice work.

I sold my D100 to get a D2X and I'm replaceing it this week. The D100 isn't a good camera, it's a GREAT camera with the best capture of any camera under $5k. It's not a D2X, but it's a fine instrument in it's own right.

I believe that in years to come DSLRs will be sought after for the quality and "look" of their captures, and I'm convinced the D100 will be one of the most coveted.

As for being lumped together with the D70 and 50, I'm wondering where the D200 will fit into this ill-conceived breakdown. The D100 and 200 deserve their own forum.

Woody

14. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Lol.... Ron, I can't afford the hobbies I have now! ooooohhh, but I do love a fine art print.. :)
    Jarrell

15. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Crystall, I know what you mean. It only took me about 40 years to have enough room for a layout... :biggrin:
    Hang in there though, it'll come.
    Hey, I'm mighty jealous of all that equipment in your byline. You've got enough to open your own camera store!
    Jarrell

16. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Woody, I'm kidding about being outcast over here away from the 'big boys', but you knew that. Like most everyone, I'm wondering what the D200 will be like and if I'll just have to have one... :wink:
    Maybe if I'd stop lusting after $300 locomotives I could afford one!
    Jarrell

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I agree Woody that the D100 is a special camera in it's own right. I have one, and even though it's two years old day after tomorrow, I feel it carries it's weight with the big cams. But you've got to admit that it is very similar to the D70, but better built. Perhaps when there really is a d200 we'll get our own 'hundreds series' forum, but I don't mind sharing with the 70 crowd for now. :smile: