Well, I see we've been cast aside!

Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
:rolleyes:
Yes, it has finally come down to this... :Depressed No more are we to be grouped with the big boys How much lower can we go?
*sigh* I guess I'm going to be forced to..... *shudder*..... upgrade someday... in the future... maybe.
But in the meantime, how'se about a few fotos with a capital F! Here's what keeps me from *shudder* upgrading sooner!
The other hobby..
48557702.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

48557706.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, I'm depressed so I think I'll go crawl under a log somewhere. Naaayyy, to many ants around here for that.
Oh, I almost fergot.
Photos made with a D100 and Tamron 28-75mm lens iso 200, f/[email protected]/160th second. raw.
Jarrell
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Now we are talking...

Cool
I love trains :>)))

Very very nice. Love the landscape you have them on.
Looks so realistic.

Hope you will photo the whole train yard one day :>)))
 
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
1,030
Jarrell,
151 appears to be on the ground......... :smile:

From one modeler to another....
Nice photos.......

Have anymore?

Thanks,
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
Thanks!

no, don't have anymore at present. I'm still in the process of getting a trackplan together and most of the layout is plain, blue foam. So, I decided to do a little many scene to practice on. I'll have to get on that engineer of 151, probably been drinkin' again.. :)
Jarrell
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Jarrell
Is the engineer a friend of Bubbas....LOL

Need a Bubba story.

Remember when I found him in the dumpster fetching cans for you to buy the D100..

Then I got one the same month.

roflmao.

We did have some fun. Sure miss it.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
6,668
Hi Jarrel....

Nice images, not sure which is a more expensive hobby, photography or model trains.

I have always enjoyed your work. Its definitely a cut above the rest.


Warmest regards from a fellow castaway :)


RFC
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
RFCNIKON said:
Hi Jarrel....

Nice images, not sure which is a more expensive hobby, photography or model trains.

I have always enjoyed your work. Its definitely a cut above the rest.


Warmest regards from a fellow castaway :)


RFC
Hmmmm..... it really is a hard call on which is more expensive. I haven't been in model railroading long and I'm already avoiding counting up how much I've spent. It's like anything else though, you can buy the medium priced lenses or go great glass all the way and pay for it. You can buy locomotives for $50 or $500. I think my lowest priced one, including the dcc converter for it was about $130 and the highest about $250.
I need to take up collecting bottle caps or something.. :smile:
Jarrell
P.S. and wouldn't you know it.. I like the cheapest locomotive the best.. :Unsure:
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
7,819
Location
Gilroy, California
Trains! Very nicely done photographs.

I was never really into them, then my son came along. At 15 months he was showing interest. I figured it was a kid thing.

He is almost four now, and we have trains in "brio," N, HO, O and G scales. I actually taught him how to safely handle N scale trains at 2.

These days I collect passenger trains in N scale. Mostly bullet trains and classic American trains such as the California Zephyr.

He and I have ridden on dozens (literally) of trains together.

tamien-platform-rsz.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
300
Location
Phoenix
Jarrell, I just don't think you're busy enough. You may need to add stamp and coin collecting to your hobbies. Oh, and don't forget fine art...
 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,925
Location
Owings Mills, MD
I think your train images are wonderful. They are so crisp and the backgrounds are great. I had to look twice to decide if they were models or not. My collection is currently stored in bins. Some day we hope to have enough room to layout the entire set. Right now Rokenbok takes priority!
 
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
4,010
Location
Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Jarrell,

As one modeler to another... very nice work.

I sold my D100 to get a D2X and I'm replaceing it this week. The D100 isn't a good camera, it's a GREAT camera with the best capture of any camera under $5k. It's not a D2X, but it's a fine instrument in it's own right.

I believe that in years to come DSLRs will be sought after for the quality and "look" of their captures, and I'm convinced the D100 will be one of the most coveted.

As for being lumped together with the D70 and 50, I'm wondering where the D200 will fit into this ill-conceived breakdown. The D100 and 200 deserve their own forum.

Woody
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
Ron H said:
Jarrell, I just don't think you're busy enough. You may need to add stamp and coin collecting to your hobbies. Oh, and don't forget fine art...
Lol.... Ron, I can't afford the hobbies I have now! ooooohhh, but I do love a fine art print.. :)
Jarrell
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
CrystallP said:
I think your train images are wonderful. They are so crisp and the backgrounds are great. I had to look twice to decide if they were models or not. My collection is currently stored in bins. Some day we hope to have enough room to layout the entire set. Right now Rokenbok takes priority!
Crystall, I know what you mean. It only took me about 40 years to have enough room for a layout... :biggrin:
Hang in there though, it'll come.
Hey, I'm mighty jealous of all that equipment in your byline. You've got enough to open your own camera store!
Jarrell
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
1,724
Location
Macon, Ga.
Czechman01 said:
Jarrell,

As one modeler to another... very nice work.

I sold my D100 to get a D2X and I'm replaceing it this week. The D100 isn't a good camera, it's a GREAT camera with the best capture of any camera under $5k. It's not a D2X, but it's a fine instrument in it's own right.

I believe that in years to come DSLRs will be sought after for the quality and "look" of their captures, and I'm convinced the D100 will be one of the most coveted.

As for being lumped together with the D70 and 50, I'm wondering where the D200 will fit into this ill-conceived breakdown. The D100 and 200 deserve their own forum.

Woody
Woody, I'm kidding about being outcast over here away from the 'big boys', but you knew that. Like most everyone, I'm wondering what the D200 will be like and if I'll just have to have one... :wink:
Maybe if I'd stop lusting after $300 locomotives I could afford one!
Jarrell
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
1,000
Location
Arizona
Real Name
Chris
I agree Woody that the D100 is a special camera in it's own right. I have one, and even though it's two years old day after tomorrow, I feel it carries it's weight with the big cams. But you've got to admit that it is very similar to the D70, but better built. Perhaps when there really is a d200 we'll get our own 'hundreds series' forum, but I don't mind sharing with the 70 crowd for now. :smile:
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom