Well I've gone and done it!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sbuttrick, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I just picked up a 300mm f4 AFS on Ebay for $721.00. The seller has a 100% rating and stated the lens is mint......let's hope so. I'm also bidding on a Kirk replacement collar.

Oh Lord what have I done............ :D

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol Seems to be the day.
    You will enjoy it. Hey you only live once for a short time :>)))

Did you see Kims post.

Good god let me outta here.

3. Thanks Gale. I did see Kim's post. I also won the bid on the Kirk collar.....

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

I predict that you will love the new lens. I love my 300 2.8, but you certainly can't hand hold it (at least I can't). IMO, the 300 f4 is one of Nikon's best bargains image quality vs. cost wise.

Enjoy!!

5. I'm green with envy :mrgreen:. I've tried the 300/4 out a couple of times in camera stores, and had a hard time giving it back to the clerk. I'll own one someday, but for the moment, I'll just enjoy the pictures you'll be sharing from yours. Congratulations!

6. Congrats, Scott! I think you'll really like this lens. It's not difficult to handhold and the shots it produces are great. This weekend I shot flying birds with a Tamron 1.4x and was amazed at how sharp they came out -- handheld at that! It never ceases to amaze me. Enjoy!

7. Well......I received my 300 f4 AFS and all I can say is WOW !!!
    So far I've just taken some test shot to check sharpness and it sure is sharp. Now.....what shall I lust for next ?

8. Hi Scott,

That's easy, the 85mm PC f/2.8. I would have suggested the Beast, 28-70, but you already have a lens close to that focal length. :twisted:

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    500mm????? :)

Congrats on the new glass. I love mine.

10. Crystall, I am thinking about selling the 24-85mm and getting the Beast. Oh boy, this lens lust thing really gets bad doesn't it.