1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Well I've gone and done it!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sbuttrick, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I just picked up a 300mm f4 AFS on Ebay for $721.00. The seller has a 100% rating and stated the lens is mint......let's hope so. I'm also bidding on a Kirk replacement collar.

Oh Lord what have I done............ :D 

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol Seems to be the day.
    You will enjoy it. Hey you only live once for a short time :>)))

Did you see Kims post.

Good god let me outta here.

3. Thanks Gale. I did see Kim's post. I also won the bid on the Kirk collar.....

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

I predict that you will love the new lens. I love my 300 2.8, but you certainly can't hand hold it (at least I can't). IMO, the 300 f4 is one of Nikon's best bargains image quality vs. cost wise.

Enjoy!!

5. I'm green with envy :mrgreen:. I've tried the 300/4 out a couple of times in camera stores, and had a hard time giving it back to the clerk. I'll own one someday, but for the moment, I'll just enjoy the pictures you'll be sharing from yours. Congratulations!

6. Congrats, Scott! I think you'll really like this lens. It's not difficult to handhold and the shots it produces are great. This weekend I shot flying birds with a Tamron 1.4x and was amazed at how sharp they came out -- handheld at that! It never ceases to amaze me. Enjoy!

7. Well......I received my 300 f4 AFS and all I can say is WOW !!!
    So far I've just taken some test shot to check sharpness and it sure is sharp. Now.....what shall I lust for next ?

8. Hi Scott,

That's easy, the 85mm PC f/2.8. I would have suggested the Beast, 28-70, but you already have a lens close to that focal length. :twisted:

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    500mm????? :) 

Congrats on the new glass. I love mine.

10. Crystall, I am thinking about selling the 24-85mm and getting the Beast. Oh boy, this lens lust thing really gets bad doesn't it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.