Well she is off to college, should I be worried??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TomP, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Grand Parents that want to share their thoughts on this important step in life, please feel free to post!!!
    As grand parents, we have cleared the nest once, but it seems a bit different this time, watching your genes head off into the world.

Number one Grand Daughter is off and running!!!

I only laughed when I saw her jeans, and then ran for a camera, she caught me taking the pic, but since she has been a photo subject for so long knew it was fruitless protesting. We had our way of dressing, way back when, and her great grand mother had plenty input about our choice and style of clothes. She finds it hard believe, that there was a time jeans cold not be worn to school, and were limited to work and play, not to mention that they only cost $4 and did not come with holes in them.:biggrin:

The older the grand children become, and more mobile, the less you see of them, of course I strongly suspect her visit was a scouting mission as she paid attention to all storage areas, and a scrounging effort will soon follow, in turn I am sure we will have a full days visit. :smile:

I would guess that there are many grand's out here experiencing the same thing.

large.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  2. yes

3. yes - but for probably not the reasons you're concerned about :p 

4. Lew and Paul, well we all survived, parents included. She is very level headed and confident, and i have confidence in her, heck I was in the back seat of a Cessna 172 when she nailed her first landing at 14 years old:eek: 

I think she can handle things on the ground, just hope see does not see this thread:smile:

5. She'll be fine, I'm sure she's growing up to be a mature and responsible adult. :smile:

But those jeans gotta go! Haha!

6. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    No, there are a lot of worse places she can be going than college. She'll be just fine. College is when most people figure out who they are and what they're capable of, both good and bad. It's a good place to be going.

7. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Girl's are God's punishment for fathers who misbehaved when in college... :smile:

8. I survived college (and so did my parents), and I survive as both of my kids are in college. They have fun, do things I didn't and wouldn't and we all still survive.

Holes in jeans I don't get, but they don't get the idea of cutoffs :biggrin:

9. Then I'm sooooo doomed to have like 5 daughters!

10. I am so grateful to have three boys!!!:smile:

11. From what you say about your daughter I would not worry too much Tom. I have cut the apron strings 7 times with my daughters and they all lived through it.

12. Thanks, i am sure she will turn out fine, it is like watching a cocoon and waiting for it to open.

I have never heard that before, and I was rolling on the floor laughing:biggrin:

Yes you are doomed, girls are very very $$$$$$:frown: If I were you i would try to have the first graduate support the next and so on, I am sure they will agree to that:smile:

13. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    this is the greatest comment of all time

14. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I have 2 daughters who are both now in grad school and both married. I don't worry about them but I am concerned for them 24/7. A while back my older one, 25 next Wed., gave me that look when I called her my baby. I just smiled and told her she wouldn't have to tolerate that forever, only till I died. Then she gave me that other look. :biggrin:

15. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    It's the confident ones you are going to have to worry about.

Her pants are hilarious!

16. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Those remind me of 70s pants! I was, of course, only a (a-hem) baby in the 70s. ;) 

17. thats awesome, I landed one at BWI around age of 10. still not license though, maybe I'll get back on it soon if I have some disposable income.

18. Oh don't tell me that Linda, she is very self confident:smile:

Like I said i could not say a thing about her jeans, mine did not have patches there, but in the late 60s they did have flowers and such on them; oh if I only had saved them, EBAY would bring a small fortune:biggrin:

Yep still call my daughter Baby and Sissy, she is in the construction industry, so I am careful when around her peers..

Thats cool, man you must have been tall for your age, she was and at 12 still needed a cushion to sit on.

What was fun was when the instructor cut the power and told her to find a place to land, got my attention:eek:  she let out her flaps and made a couple of turns and lined it up on a decent looking field:smile:

19. tom....
    great thread
    it's that time of year.... so many parents have been in the office, getting ready to send their first kid... or grandkid off to college for the first time
    so much apprehension
    so much promise

she'll do fine
    great jeans...
    14 and nailing the landing on a 172.... awesome

i can still hear the pride in your "voice" over THAT one

where is she going, by the way?

20. i was on some cushions too, i remember i could reach the pedals and still see over the top better in the 172 than the 150 and 152. still hard to check the fuel level, needed help for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.