1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Well, submitted myself to a couple photographer to intern, wish me luck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wgilles, Sep 16, 2008.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    After reading some other posts about trying to get into professional photography and set up a business the best advice was just to submit your name to established photogs and ask to intern. So that's what I did. I found about 7 places that looked pretty good so I shot them some emails asking if they are looking for any interns. Wish me luck!

2. best to you Will. Not an easy road and rewards are few for most. Follow your dream and prove it can be done.

3. gladjo

gladjo Guest

May the force be with you.

4. Because I doubt a high income will be.

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    What type of photography do you want to get into? For me I do seniors, family, and sports. My business if very low-key and part-time. My other part-time job...? I'm just a boring accountant.

6. Happy Trails...I've volunteered for various things in the past to beef up my resume and it's been rewarding. Remember us little people when you turn pro.........:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Haha thanks, I'll be sure to come back and give you guys my expert advice! :cool: 

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of trying to figure that out for myself right now. I only really got serious into SLRs and stuff recently and I have been taking pictures of everything to find out what I would like to do. I took some pictures of all my cousins (who are very young) and they turned out really well and I liked doing it, so I figured I would give weddings a try. Never know until you do it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.