Well, THAT's BIG !

On any DSLR, its a broken mirror and an expensive repair :eek:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW, the seller is known for offering rare lenses at ridiculous prices. Just check their other offerings. Sometimes, you get the feeling that he just wants to show what kind of goodies he has, but, of course, doesn't plan tp part from them :wink:.

A fisheye with a tripod mount...??? The real question is what's the field of view like? seeing behind yourself maybe???

P

Pianisimo

Except the D40 I think. I read someplace that you can mount pre-ai lenses on it.
that's not the issue. the problem is that the lens sticks too far into the camera, so the only way to not have it hit the mirror is to lock up the mirror, a feature only on older cameras like the Nikon F.

yeah there have been a million threads about this lens...:Curved: oh well.

The f2.8 version is AI or AI-s, does not require mirror lock-up and should work on a D200 and up with no problem except to your bank account!

Larry

A fisheye with a tripod mount...??? The real question is what's the field of view like? seeing behind yourself maybe???

FOV is 220 degrees. The tripod mount is there because it was probably rarely used handheld.

I agree with what others have said, the price is ridiculous.

~Chad

Except the D40 I think. I read someplace that you can mount pre-ai lenses on it.
Yes, you can mount most pre-AI lenses on the D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000.

Except those few lenses with a significant projection into the camera body. This 6mm lens one of those. It needs full-time mirror lockup. Nikon DSLR do not offer that feature.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW, the seller is known for offering rare lenses at ridiculous prices. Just check their other offerings.
Yes, they are rather famous for that. For a laugh, try googling "photo arsenal" "money laundering". :Sheriff:

Of course, they could just as easily be going for the long game, raising auction prices and valuations.:860:

Who knows, maybe they are employed by Nikon to rectify the embarassing situation that you can get better image quality with two decade old, second hand AIS glass than with most of their modern offerings for a fraction of the price :Whistle: :actions1:

I had a chance to hold one of these in Toronto several years ago. Im sure the only reason they let the kid with long hair and a leather jacket (ME) hold this expensive lens and even mount it on my F3 was I walked into there with my Nikkor 8mm 2.8 AIS in my camera bag. Anyways the nikkor 6mm 2.8 is huge and heavy. Standing with the lens pointing forward it's mind bending 220 degree angle of view let me see my feet and the light behind my head. If I had money I would grab this lens in a heart beat. The Nikkor 8mm 2.8 is amazing but the 6mm 2.8 is sick.

The OP's link shows a non-ai version that 2.8?
You are right. I thought that the pre-AI version was the slower one and that the new f/2.8 was introduced first as AI. But yeas, it was introduced first as a pre-AI and then (fairly rapidly) changed to AI.

Thus, ignore everything I said before about mirror lockup. This one is a retrofocus design, so it can clear a mirror box.

Sorry to have misled people by my faulty memory.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom