1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

well, the Tamron 90mm showed up!!! here are some pics...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by The Ben, Jul 11, 2008.

1. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I was so excited, I didn't look at the camera's settings until I was half way shooting some of these pics.

2656944389_e6cf9f8b17_b.

2656944103_2e1faf2d75_b.

2657770520_2b16bf4f45_b.

2657770422_5180dda608_b.

My favorite so far.
    2656943817_786c8b9415_b.

I need a damn trigger for my camera. even w/ a tripod I couldn't get a steady shot of this one.
    2656944457_c7f7fb7c82_b.

2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Congrats!

3. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    Thanks, I'm loving this thing.

4. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Try the self-timer? Or the M-Up + timer.

5. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Wow, color me impressed. Especially the recycling shot.

The ring photo looks a bit OOF to me, or was it just camera shake?

6. Great shots! I like the soda cap one the best too!

One question, do macro lenses work only for close up shots? or can you get distant shots as well? Probably a dumb question, but it doesn't hurt to ask..

7. You will love this lens. it is one of the lenses I always carry with me! You can use it for portraits too but some people find it a bit too sharp.

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Congrats, Ben :smile:

9. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    the ring one is OOF, because I had it on a tripod and no wire to trigger it. Just my hand on the button. Got some shakes. :Curved:

10. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    You can use them as a nice prime lens too... which I intend on doing w/ this one. :) 

11. Congratulations! Enjoy the Tammy. I am sure she will be a great "companion":wink:

12. Nubster

Nubster

Mar 31, 2008
    Romney, WV
    Which camera do you need the remote for? I have one that is almost new in the box for a D80 that I don't need anymore.

13. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    If it was my choice, I'd first buy for the D300. But I guess I wouldn't mind buying for both if the price is right.

Send me a PM and let's talk about it.

14. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Did you get the Di lens? I'm looking at one on eBay...also an SP 90mm. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the SP is an older lens and a lot less $$. I'm looking around for a used one, as I can't afford a new one, even with the rebate.

Carole

15. I had the most recent non-Di, which my daughter now has, and now I have a new Di. I absolutely cannot tell the difference in the results. In fact, the only sure way to tell which took which pictures is to look at the date (in my shots) or the camera (mine or my daughter's). The lenses have both been used on F2A, FM2n, D100, D2h and D2x - we use the lens a lot.

The self-timer on the older cameras does a great job as a proxy for a cable release, but it's not as good on the DSLRs. That's because the self-timer no longer raises the mirror when triggered - back on the F2, the mirror flips up when you trigger the self timer, so the only vibration was from the shutter itself.

16. Thanks! Thats great to hear. I will definitely put it down on my list of lenses to get. I was originally looking at the 85mm but a macro would be sweet!

17. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I don't think mine is a Di model. I had to lock the aperture ring in order for the camera to control it.

18. Both of them require locking the aperture ring. I'm looking at my Di right now and it has a little pin the aperture ring that locks it to minimum aperture.

19. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    There is one on eBay right now, but with shipping the price is already over $300 and there is still a day and a half to go on the auction. I'd rather get a new one with the rebate and have the warranty.

Carole

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.