well, the Tamron 90mm showed up!!! here are some pics...

I was so excited, I didn't look at the camera's settings until I was half way shooting some of these pics.

2656944389_e6cf9f8b17_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2656944103_2e1faf2d75_b.jpg

2657770520_2b16bf4f45_b.jpg

2657770422_5180dda608_b.jpg

My favorite so far.
2656943817_786c8b9415_b.jpg

I need a damn trigger for my camera. even w/ a tripod I couldn't get a steady shot of this one.
2656944457_c7f7fb7c82_b.jpg

Wow, color me impressed. Especially the recycling shot.

The ring photo looks a bit OOF to me, or was it just camera shake?

You will love this lens. it is one of the lenses I always carry with me! You can use it for portraits too but some people find it a bit too sharp.

Wow, color me impressed. Especially the recycling shot.

The ring photo looks a bit OOF to me, or was it just camera shake?

the ring one is OOF, because I had it on a tripod and no wire to trigger it. Just my hand on the button. Got some shakes. :Curved:

Great shots! I like the soda cap one the best too!

One question, do macro lenses work only for close up shots? or can you get distant shots as well? Probably a dumb question, but it doesn't hurt to ask..

You can use them as a nice prime lens too... which I intend on doing w/ this one. :)

Which camera do you need the remote for? I have one that is almost new in the box for a D80 that I don't need anymore.

Which camera do you need the remote for? I have one that is almost new in the box for a D80 that I don't need anymore.

If it was my choice, I'd first buy for the D300. But I guess I wouldn't mind buying for both if the price is right.

Send me a PM and let's talk about it.

Did you get the Di lens? I'm looking at one on eBay...also an SP 90mm. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the SP is an older lens and a lot less $$. I'm looking around for a used one, as I can't afford a new one, even with the rebate.

Carole

I had the most recent non-Di, which my daughter now has, and now I have a new Di. I absolutely cannot tell the difference in the results. In fact, the only sure way to tell which took which pictures is to look at the date (in my shots) or the camera (mine or my daughter's). The lenses have both been used on F2A, FM2n, D100, D2h and D2x - we use the lens a lot.

The self-timer on the older cameras does a great job as a proxy for a cable release, but it's not as good on the DSLRs. That's because the self-timer no longer raises the mirror when triggered - back on the F2, the mirror flips up when you trigger the self timer, so the only vibration was from the shutter itself.

There is one on eBay right now, but with shipping the price is already over $300 and there is still a day and a half to go on the auction. I'd rather get a new one with the rebate and have the warranty.

Carole

Latest threads

Top Bottom