Well this is surprising ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julien, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Makes one wonder when you see things like this doesn't it ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  2. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    No wheelchair ramp?

I always get a grin out of the people at my gym who circle the lot looking for a closer parking space. If you're going to exercise, what's wrong with walking a few more feet?

3. I park the furthest away from the door of the supermarket and grocery store. Not only do I get some exercise walking to and fro but I also have less dings on my vehicle.

Only at Publix do they try their best to offer the service of wheeling the grocery cart to your vehicle from the store. My ego, and the shame at being seen walking with a bagger pushing the cart, will prevent me from having anyone but me push the cart. But I love the offer of this and other services at this supermarket.

4. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    This reminds me of a fitness/racquetball club I used to belong to, where they had valet parking so you didn't have to walk too far...

-- Russ

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi julien-

must be a 24hr fitness thing, because the branch in waikiki also has an escalator :confused:

ricky

6. Wouldn't Rain and dust damage the escalator?

7. I shop at Costco where they have very sturdy carts. Once outside I run a short distance and then hop on the back of the cart and ride it clear down the row to my car. I am 73 and people get a kick out of seeing me do that. It never fails to bring a smile to the face of passerby's. Life is a hoot.

8. Gordon, I laughed out loud when I saw your response. I guess because I do that too but people dont laugh when it's a 32 year old doing it... they just look at you like you've lost your marbles :biggrin:

I'll never stop doing it though and I'm glad to know I wont be the only one... :tongue:

9. You can add me to the list of cart-riders. I think my wife can't decide whether to be amused or embarassed, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone ... and I hope that I'll someday be 73 and continuing to ride carts through the parking lot.

10. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Whoo-Hoooo!

Me Too!, I'm 45. Been doin' it since I can remember.

My kids seem to walk quite a ways back, now that their older.

wonder why?

11. I do the same thing at BJ's. :biggrin: My teenaged kids think I am crazy. I am only 46, but I enjoy the ride. People do take notice, especially little kids who always ask their parents why they can't do that. Always being told, "No" one day they will all revolt and ride down the lot with me.