Well this is surprising ...

Makes one wonder when you see things like this doesn't it ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
William Beem
No wheelchair ramp?

I always get a grin out of the people at my gym who circle the lot looking for a closer parking space. If you're going to exercise, what's wrong with walking a few more feet?

I park the furthest away from the door of the supermarket and grocery store. Not only do I get some exercise walking to and fro but I also have less dings on my vehicle.

Only at Publix do they try their best to offer the service of wheeling the grocery cart to your vehicle from the store. My ego, and the shame at being seen walking with a bagger pushing the cart, will prevent me from having anyone but me push the cart. But I love the offer of this and other services at this supermarket.

This reminds me of a fitness/racquetball club I used to belong to, where they had valet parking so you didn't have to walk too far...

-- Russ

fks

hi julien-

must be a 24hr fitness thing, because the branch in waikiki also has an escalator :confused:

ricky

I shop at Costco where they have very sturdy carts. Once outside I run a short distance and then hop on the back of the cart and ride it clear down the row to my car. I am 73 and people get a kick out of seeing me do that. It never fails to bring a smile to the face of passerby's. Life is a hoot.

Gordon, I laughed out loud when I saw your response. I guess because I do that too but people dont laugh when it's a 32 year old doing it... they just look at you like you've lost your marbles :biggrin:

I'll never stop doing it though and I'm glad to know I wont be the only one... :tongue:

I shop at Costco where they have very sturdy carts. Once outside I run a short distance and then hop on the back of the cart and ride it clear down the row to my car. I am 73 and people get a kick out of seeing me do that. It never fails to bring a smile to the face of passerby's. Life is a hoot.
Gordon, I laughed out loud when I saw your response. I guess because I do that too but people dont laugh when it's a 32 year old doing it... they just look at you like you've lost your marbles :biggrin:

I'll never stop doing it though and I'm glad to know I wont be the only one... :tongue:
You can add me to the list of cart-riders. I think my wife can't decide whether to be amused or embarassed, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone ... and I hope that I'll someday be 73 and continuing to ride carts through the parking lot.

I do the same thing at BJ's. :biggrin: My teenaged kids think I am crazy. I am only 46, but I enjoy the ride. People do take notice, especially little kids who always ask their parents why they can't do that. Always being told, "No" one day they will all revolt and ride down the lot with me.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom