Well this isnt good news...

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/04/introducing-adobe-creative-suite-5-5-product-family.html?sdid=IMFAR

Looks like Adobe is changing their upgrade policy in a big way. Moving full upgrades i.e. CS4 to CS5 Design Premium from 18 months to 24 months and adding in a yearly update CS5.5 for $399. I am guessing that the full two year upgrade will still be $799 if not more. Also they are trying get folks to sign up for a monthly subscription plan which runs $89/mo!

Seems to me I recently read that Microsoft had tossed in the towel on their pro photography tools program, which I guess opened the door for Adobe to raise their prices.

I guess I will go on a cycle with when the computer dies, I will replace everything. there is no way they will get 400 or even 200 a year from me.

reminds me of taxes. They think they can get more revenue by raising taxes. A philosophy proved to be false many times.

GREED, all the more reason to use Aperture all the time. They will just price themselves out of business. so many photographer and entry level photogapher are just hanging on financially

:( Adobe

This is pretty cool; they're doing a dot-point release to get the tools in our hands faster and the SaaS subscription is no different than what other software companies provide. As far as the "greedy" comments go, newsflash: companies have to charge more over time, details at 11!

If I can turn my old CS2 suite into CS5.5 for $1300, that's a pretty good upgrade deal - it's not like CS2 was doing anything other than sitting in a drawer. I can also start out with the 30 day trial and then buy in as well.

Sean

If this gets into a bashing thread it will be closed and the protagonists may face action if deemed to have breached:
The watchwords of the Cafe are civil, respectful and objective discussions.
Thank you!!

By the way I work alongside Adobe to help improve products and customer experience of my own accord and do not work for Adobe.:wink: Just as I do here at the Café.:smile:

i have CS5, upgraded last year from CS2 when i bought my macbook pro.

seriously, i doubt i'll need to upgrade again any time soon.

heck, for 90% of the PS work I do, i could happily still use PS3. that other 10% needs PS5 or better.

i wonder if we can upgrade individual components of the creative suite? getting Bridge upgrades and maybe InDesign upgrades alone would be about all i'll 'need'.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom