Well who has one?

E

Eye Spy

Hey it's 11:30 on the East coast, you mean noone has one yet!:wink:

Mine was supposed to be here today at 1pm, but Nikon set a email to my local shop that they wont be leaving the Nikon warehouse in Louisville KY until tomorrow.

They have 3 pre orders and Nikon says they are sending them 6 cameras.

Can someone please summarize the CNN report? I'm on my iphone, and it can't open the YouTube/CNN link!!

:-0

A google search turned up a CNN video link (presumably the same one above), but nothing else relevant...

Can someone please summarize the CNN report? I'm on my iphone, and it can't open the YouTube/CNN link!!

:-0

A google search turned up a CNN video link (presumably the same one above), but nothing else relevant...

Sure, the summary is easy:

PAGE NOT FOUND is what I get when I paste the link, not the bogus redirect to YouTube. Searching on CNN finds no such issue, nor does a Google Search. I'm not sure what the intent is, but it sure seems like nothing but FUD to me, yet another stupid posting on YouTube and supported by a redirect. If this were not intended as FUD, ask yourself why the posted link is a CNN.com link, but you are redirected to YouTube?

hee hee - you've been Rickrolled

*giggles*

Rickrolling is a prank and Internet meme involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch: a person provides a Web link they claim is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true source of the link without clicking (and thus satisfying their curiosity). When a person clicks on the link given and is led to the web page he/she is said to have been "Rickrolled". By extension, it can also mean playing the song loudly in public in order to be disruptive

ha! The rick-roll. Good thing I didn't have to watch that again :)
did it get you, Mindy??

As I noted, it certainly didn't get me, all I needed to see was the bogus link. Frankly, I don't find this humorous at all. We get enough spam and garbage as it is, and for someone to find it "funny" to spam us here at the Cafe I find to be a bit obnoxious.

Easy Bill,
I originally got it from the Cafe and wanted to lighten things up while we are all patiently waiting for our D700s. We were hoping to see them today but looks like that was a bust.
Pete

I might pass on my D700 order because buying the 200mm f/2 VR drained my funds, I'm still on NPS priority order and I'm #1 on the list at a camera store. Oh well, I can wait!

Easy Bill,
I originally got it from the Cafe and wanted to lighten things up while we are all patiently waiting for our D700s. We were hoping to see them today but looks like that was a bust.
Pete

Pete, my objection was 2-fold. Had there been any indication in your post whatsoever that this was a bit of humor, as anyone who knows me can attest my own well-developed sense of humor is quite strange :eek:, I would have no objection whatsoever. But as I read your post, and it is possible I misread it, it seemed as if your post was "serious", and given the naming of the URL folks should be concerned, were it true. This caused me to spend time tracking things down in response to a question from another poster, and given the amount of "true SPAM" we get elsewhere, when I saw the refernce to "rick rolling" my feeble brain flashed on SPAM, and the knowledge that every day I deall with several hundred of those, I got annoyed. Personally, I think a better thing for you to do is to leave the link up, but simply annotate your post to note that it is not serious, like my favorite Foghorn Leghorn quote, "Just a Joke, Son, Just a Joke" :biggrin:

I'd also like to thank you publicly for a very kind and well stated response. I hope what I note above makes my reaction understandable as well.

ps. "Don't get your panties in a bunch" would have gotten my attention much better than "Easy, Bill" as well :wink::wink::biggrin:

pps. And now that I know the "back story", either put the darned link back up or send it to me via PM, I couldn't look at it here at work .....

I thought it was pretty funny myself. Nothing to get worked up about! :tongue::biggrin::wink::rolleyes::smile::tongue: (With extra smileys!)

Pete, my objection was 2-fold. Had there been any indication in your post whatsoever that this was a bit of humor, as anyone who knows me can attest my own well-developed sense of humor is quite strange :eek:, I would have no objection whatsoever. But as I read your post, and it is possible I misread it, it seemed as if your post was "serious", and given the naming of the URL folks should be concerned, were it true. This caused me to spend time tracking things down in response to a question from another poster, and given the amount of "true SPAM" we get elsewhere, when I saw the refernce to "rick rolling" my feeble brain flashed on SPAM, and the knowledge that every day I deall with several hundred of those, I got annoyed. Personally, I think a better thing for you to do is to leave the link up, but simply annotate your post to note that it is not serious, like my favorite Foghorn Leghorn quote, "Just a Joke, Son, Just a Joke" :biggrin:

I'd also like to thank you publicly for a very kind and well stated response. I hope what I note above makes my reaction understandable as well.

ps. "Don't get your panties in a bunch" would have gotten my attention much better than "Easy, Bill" as well :wink::wink::biggrin:

pps. And now that I know the "back story", either put the darned link back up or send it to me via PM, I couldn't look at it here at work .....

:biggrin:Not yet, but I got a call from Glazer's in Seattle today. It has arrived and has my name on it. I'll pick it up tomorrow!:biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom