Went for a D7000 refurb from Adorama

Crossing fingers that it won´t have any problems, since I´m ordering to Europe. Placed the order last night and it is already shipping. Much faster than I have experienced from B&H.

I´m getting so greedy. I also bought a used Tamron 17-50 without the motor, even though I have 2 lenses at 50mm, 35 1.8 and Tokina 12-24...

Should I get a Mack warranty?

My completely uninformed opinion suggests that you will be fine with the refurb D7K. I have read of buyers who have purchased refurbs from B&H and Adorama with a ridiculously low number of clicks. I bought a refurb lens from Adorama recently and it was like new.

On the flipside, I have heard horror stories about Mack warranties. My information is purely from reading forums when I was considering a refurb D90, so it is not a personal experience.

Why the used Tamron? It seems like you might have some redundancy there. Either way, good luck with your new toys. I jusy bought a D7000 last week. They are very cool.

Ok, I´ll probably skip the Mack then.

I just became greedy when I saw the Tamron for $310 in a mint condition. It is not available anymore without the focus motor, so I grabbed it. I´m going to see if it will make my 35 1.8 redundant.

Don't necessarily skip the Mack on my response. It would be worth investigating some more. Maybe some others on this board will chime in. The extremely long turnaround was the dealbreaker for a lot of Mack warranty customers. What serious photographer can be without his gear for a few months at a time?

I bought my D7000 as a refurb from Adorama and zero problems so far. Looks brand new, not even any scratches or anything that I have found. Seems to be tack sharp and no focus issues that I have noticed yet.

Back in the 80's I lived about 5 miles from Mack. I used them to repair a Canon camera that broke just before my honeymoon. They had the camera repaired in three days.

Of course that was a long time ago.

I just got my D7000. It´s amazing, period!

I tried 50 1.8 and Tokina 50-135 2.8 and the focus was spot on with both of them.

The camera had 21 shutter actuations and looks new.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom