Went to buy a D2Hs on lunch break today...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by helmet155, Nov 29, 2005.

1. ...but the local camera store, Cal's Camera didn't even have any. He went on and on about how I could buy the D2X and how much better it was. Not only did they not have any but he looked at me like I was an idiot and reminded me it was only 4 megapixels.

Maybe he saved me from myself because the impulse is now gone and I'm waiting it out again...

I also asked him about the 200-400mm VR and he told me it wasn't out yet...gotta love it!

This was my first and last visit to Cal's Camera...I'll stick to Pro Photo Connection or Samy's from now on.

2. wise move Brett, the guy you were talking to is oblivuious

3. Brett if I were you I would look at it locally but buy mail order... Saves you the large expense on the sales tax.. Just my 2 cents on that idea... :Shocked:

Guess the dude is oblivious that the 200-400 is not out yet? Humm.. Odd I found one at Samys up here and even Bel-Air camera had them as well...

Are you free Saturday for some shooting.. I think I am renting a 200-400 to try out... heheheh I am also getting a Wimberley sidekick to try out for 60 days before buying the thing.. heheehe

=============================================

4. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Good call, find another shop to patronize. This guy is not worthy of your business.

I'm fortunate, I live near a well stocked, Nikon-savvy, pro-level camera shop where most of the staff moonlight as pro photogs. It's really nice to have a resource like that within easy reach.