Went to the olympics yesterday..

Discussion in 'People' started by Backdoctor, Feb 11, 2005.

1. with a fever, coughing and all, I was the only family member to go to my grandson's school olympics. I stayed for 3 event before going to the dr. for some drugs and then home to go into a coma. Here are a couple shots taken with the D2H, SB800 and old cheapo 70-300:
    Boogerman started out his first event well
    original.
    there were a few bumps in the road
    original.

he maintained his concentration
    original.

but also maintained his presence for the camera:
    original.

after all the events were done, his team came out with the gold medal. Thats my boy! :D :D :D :D :D

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Walk away with GOLD, can't complain about that. Hope your feeling better Harris.

3. Perfect form all the way through. Congratulations to your grandson and his team.

4. Teh last one

does it for me, I am sure he appreciated you being there for sure

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Harris :

I feel your pain. I've been knocked down for several days with "walking pneumonia" - high fever, coloured phlegm sized like golf balls, etc - and taking massive pharmaceuticals. Had to cancel a business trip to Toronto, push off other work... Feh.

But. Seeing Mr. Boogerman in all his glory brought a real smile to my tired face today. It's always a treat to see him, and also, to realise just what a great guy you are for him, in thick or thin.

Thanks.

John P.

6. Thanks John, my wife couldnt be there, nor his aunt. I did not want him to be the only kid without family. He's my best buddy and hopefully he will know that I will always be there for him. I was feverish, lightheaded, and just achy all over, but had to show at least for a few events. It was worth the pain.

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Harris,

This statement really made my day. You are a good man my friend. Booger is a lucky kid.

Hope you feel better soon.

8. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Harris :

The fact is, even if you weren't there physically (which you were) that kid will never be without family.

You're a good man, Harris.

John P.

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Thanks Patrick, John and Paul. I'm lucky to have him as my buddy. I wish I could do more for him. His dad does care for him, I give him that, but really doesnt remember many things or know how to care for a child. Often yelling at him and saying hurtful things. We try to make his stays with us special, but also not spoil him too badly. Maybe spoil him by spending time doing what he wants to do, regardless of if we do. We went to Chuckie Cheese on a saturday, the place was noisy and packed, but he loves it so much. We play air hockey, and I let him win.

Hope to have him for the weekend after the shoot down here. Take him to Bear Point with his "noculars". Time we spend together, I try to teach him about things, life in general. His dad has a redneck approach at times.

11. There is a big smile in my face ...

You have a really big Heart Harris, I know how much you like the little guy.

I think he is really lucky to have you around.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    These pictures really show that they are made with love.

But there you go agian, photographing up his nose! Didn't getting this cold after doing so previously teach you anything? :) :) :)

Thanks for showing off, Dr.-Shoots-Well-When-Ill!