West Coast Sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by hillrg, Aug 16, 2005.

1. I thought you might like to see what it looked like here last night. We had guests over when I noticed what appeared to be a promising sunset. I rushed everyone out of the house and we drove down to the beach. I took this photo as soon as I set up my tripod.

And this is what the bigger picture looked like...

I haven't been shooting many sunsets for a while, and I kind of forgot how much fun it can be.

2. Stunning. Absolutely gorgeous, Rory!

3. Very nice, Rory! I especially like the range of colors in the 2nd shot!!

4. That is really nice Rory, the colors are incredible.

5. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Thanks for those pictures Rory. We just returned from a week in BC (Vancouver, Salt Spring and Victoria), and I must say the whole area is fantastic. The dawns are almost as good as that sunset.

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shots, Rory!! Thanks for sharing!

7. You should have given me a call :lol: Glad you enjoyed yourself.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rory,

Love those sunsets.. Favorite time of day besides sunrises.

Thanks for a great view.

9. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    simply amazing colors. thanks for sharing the photo for an east coasters like me.

10. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Nice saturation.

11. Oh God, you make me miss the ocean. Seriously that is some great color. I have a few similar I took in the Philippines recently. Now I'm inspired to post them. Coming soon...

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful captures, Rory. The different hues in the clouds are so dramatic.

13. Not the ususal stuff... ! The tonalities are strong and somehow exotic. I like that you didn't fear the overall dark tones in #1 - it creates a marked mood. In #2, I'm also happy with the great expanse of sky in #2 that creates a sense of vastness.

14. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    My goodness, those are nice Rory. The cloud patterns in the second one compound the interest.

15. Glad everyone enjoyed the color-fest. Thanks very much for the feedback - I'm motivated to get some more!

16. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Rory these are beautiful

taking pictures of these magnificent sunsets has the biggest priority so the guests or whatever have to wait.