West Coast Sunset

I thought you might like to see what it looked like here last night. We had guests over when I noticed what appeared to be a promising sunset. I rushed everyone out of the house and we drove down to the beach. I took this photo as soon as I set up my tripod.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And this is what the bigger picture looked like...

View attachment 13870

I haven't been shooting many sunsets for a while, and I kind of forgot how much fun it can be.

Thanks for those pictures Rory. We just returned from a week in BC (Vancouver, Salt Spring and Victoria), and I must say the whole area is fantastic. The dawns are almost as good as that sunset.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
patrickh said:
Thanks for those pictures Rory. We just returned from a week in BC (Vancouver, Salt Spring and Victoria), and I must say the whole area is fantastic. The dawns are almost as good as that sunset.
You should have given me a call :lol: Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Rory,

Love those sunsets.. Favorite time of day besides sunrises.

Thanks for a great view.

Oh God, you make me miss the ocean. Seriously that is some great color. I have a few similar I took in the Philippines recently. Now I'm inspired to post them. Coming soon...

Not the ususal stuff... ! The tonalities are strong and somehow exotic. I like that you didn't fear the overall dark tones in #1 - it creates a marked mood. In #2, I'm also happy with the great expanse of sky in #2 that creates a sense of vastness.

Rory these are beautiful

taking pictures of these magnificent sunsets has the biggest priority so the guests or whatever have to wait.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom