1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

West Hollywood 2005 LA Gay Pride Parade

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan F/2, Jun 13, 2005.

1. West Hollywood 2005 LA Gay Pride Parade

I was on assignment to shoot some specific people at this parade, but while working, I was able to snap some quick shots in-between takes! I was hoping for some hot girl-on-girl action, but I didn't see any of that! :cry: 

1st shot - I saw this really cute girl handing out CDs, I asked her for a quick picture...but since I was currently running down the parade route, I didn't have time to ask for her number, darn it!

[​IMG]

2nd shot - I bumped into a fellow Nikonian with a very cool haircut. I believe this is either Uncle Frank or Chris 101 on the cafe! :p  :p 

[​IMG]

3rd shot - These darn clowns kept getting into my shot! I told them to move, but they just kept giving me a goofy look!

[​IMG]

4th shot - Dissapointed that I didn't meet any hot lesbians, I saw this bikini clad go-go dancer and she insisted I take her picture...how could I say no?

[​IMG]

2. Hot lesbians only exist in movies, didn't you know that? :wink:

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

ROFLMAO! I think that is true too...

4. Zulu-

Zulu- Guest

#1 is proberly a lesbian :lol: :lol:

She kinda hot..

5. Very nice picture Jonathan, as for the second picture i think that one of the parents of that guy was a parrot?

6. So my friend is shooting with me and he's a Canon shooter. After comparing photos, I will never shoot with Canon! He was shooting with a 28-70 f/2.8 and even with the nice L glass, I couldn't stand the Canon look! It just makes me want to puke. Green colors, bland saturation, and the photos look life-less. I've yet to see Canon photos I like. I'm sooo glad I went Nikon. If I did any complaining about megapixels, please slap me!

I'm also a little upset too, we did the job as a joint set as well, and I found his photos lacking. It wouldn't be a problem if his shots were strong, but now I almost regret sharing credit (and commission) with him. I initially didn't think I could handle the job on my own, but afterwards I realized my shots were pretty good. I think I work better alone... 8) 8) 8)

7. coal

coal Guest

Hi Jonathan,
    beautiful photos. I like the way you achieved strong but very natural colors.
    Did you use flash for #1?

Alessandro

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi jonathan-

having seen the sf parade on tv, where are the photos you're not showing us :twisted: ?

will you be heading up to SF to cover the parade here, or was the job just for la?

ricky

9. Hi Alessandro,

All were shot with fill-flash except for #3, which I shot with my 70-200 VR.

I used to work post production, and it was always a pleasure working with Nikon shots because of the colors.

10. Sorry I didn't shoot any of the muscle guys walking around in their speedos or the transvestite beauty queens wearing 10 inch heels. I know I messed up... :p 

Yeah, I was only at the parade to get some shots of Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith.

11. I'm digging the yellow bikini Jonathan... did you at least get a CD from the first girl?
    :D 

12. Naw, I left empty handed... :( 

13. coal

coal Guest

Thanks Jonathan,
    can I ask you to share also some technical detail about settings? In particular for #1, #2 and #3 (those with fill-in flash, which you managed not to make it evident) did you use D-TTL matrix? And diffusion dome? What about white balance?

Thanks again,
    Alessandro

14. Nothing fancy really. D-TTL Matrix, no diffusion dome, set on Flash WB. I just maxed out the shutter at 1/250th for flash sync and shot away (I'm not a big fan of FP flash mode). The D2H is so punchy with colors, I didn't even tweak the saturation. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.