West Virginia Blackwater Falls State Park

Well, I had planned on visiting this area back in mid-May but a bad case of allergies caused me to reschedule for the last week of June. I returned today from a few days at the park and I think the reschedule was for the best.

The mountain laurel were at full bloom and rhododendron were coming in. Waiting to come until June also gave the park staff more time to clean up debris from Superstorm Sandy. There is still quite a bit of blowdown at the park but not as much as earlier.

Anyhow, here are four pics that I hope you like.

Blackwater Falls-It had rained for two days and the falls were rockin'. I cloned out a bit of debris on the left side.

9164163810_d40562b880_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Blackwater Thunder" by quickking, on Flickr

First falls of Elakala.

9161935153_e7ec836f68_c.jpg

Elakala #1 by quickking, on Flickr

Lindy Point looking east. Most photos from Lindy point are of the sunset. I took this picture facing the opposite direction to get some nice light of the mountain laurel.

9164153584_d6ceacaa40_c.jpg

Lindy Point Mountain Laurel by quickking, on Flickr

Pendleton Falls #4. This requires a very difficult hike to make it to this falls. Got quite wet here from frequent rain.

9161938747_d56e1b26b9_c.jpg

Pendleton #4 and Mountain Laurel by quickking, on Flickr
I was able to get a few more good shots but I don't want to take up too much space. I hope you enjoy these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. I've alway wanted to do a pano of Lindy Point.
I'm glad to see someone else knows the difference between Mountain Laurel and Rhododendron, most people don't.

Latest threads

Top Bottom