1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

west virginia sunrise

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by openwide, Aug 1, 2007.

1. had a great time with dmwphoto...mr dave1 in w. virginia. he showed me the ropes and has expanded my knowledge of photography. saw a lot of guard rail...ate at the stumbled inn. this shot was captured on the scenic highway early in the wee hours of the morning....needed more coffee. thank you david

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. Beautiful shot. How about posting it much larger so we can see it better?

3. ps...he took this picture of me that i am using as my avitar with his new 400 lens...i was shooting one of the barns he was showing me and had to get much closer than he....and again i thank him

4. chris..am new on this and was told to use 800x800. what would u recommend? david

5. :redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

I don't know the exact size. It comes straight from my Photobucket account the correct size, so I can't tell you. I'm computer illiterate, so I'll just say keep enlarging it and clicking on the preview button until you get it to fill, but not expand, the forum format. Look at the other images and you can figure it out.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shot

7. nice one David, remember to scroll over the image in smugmug and select "original" then copy the properties.
    Dave

8. I changed it for you

9. thanks chris and dave for the fix....will do the original next image. chris..i had selected 800x800 which i believe is the max u can send to NC. have a great day

10. Nice shot! Clean up that little spot in the upper left hand corner.

Anthony

11. thanks anthony...have a lot to learn.

12. David,

Just now came back to this thread and saw you'd increased the size of your picture.

One word...........(or none) SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

13. thanks chris...i am learning and have people like u to thank. db

14. Hey David -

That is a beautiful image - well done. It has so many good elements IMO: perspective, rays, fog, colors, composition.

Actually, not all that far from where I grew up, along the Monongahela, a little south of Pittsburgh . . .

Thanks,

Eric

15. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Nice capture , makes you set back and say wow!

16. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Dave, I think you "Nailed it". Great shot, nice composition, color and lighting. Hang this one on the wall. - Jeff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.