Western Bluebirds

Last week I self- quarantined in my truck and drove to the other side of the state looking for Bluebirds. And my trip was well worth it, I found Bluebirds alright but mostly Western Bluebirds and just one nest of Mountain Bluebirds. They were busy building their nest within the nesting boxes, it’ll be another week or so before we they’re sitting on eggs. The behavior between the two species will become much more aggressive during this time as well. So, lots of photographic opportunities lie ahead.

Here’s a few that I got last week.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I've been waiting for your bluebird images!!!! Because you never disappoint! Someday I hope to join you! LOL! I really like #1. Have you tried to remove the white OOF branch on the right side? Or maybe replace it with a darker OOF twig? The tonality of the other OOF twigs let them recede from the viewer's attention, and the sharpness and DOF of the perch and bluebird are perfect to hold the viewer's attention.

Looking forward to more!

Wow. You knocked this set out of the park, Louie. Every one is top notch. Since I tend to favor isolation I guess I'd have to pick the last one. Though that is an awesome BIF shot. Really well done.

Louie - Gorgeous shots. That first one is truly exceptional. I don't think that I've seen better shots of bluebirds. Thanks for posting. I always enjoy seeing the images you post and these are really among the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marvelous, sure wish I could be there with you, the flight shots are super!
Thanks so much Andreas, wish you could have joined me as well.
I've been waiting for your bluebird images!!!! Because you never disappoint! Someday I hope to join you! LOL! I really like #1. Have you tried to remove the white OOF branch on the right side? Or maybe replace it with a darker OOF twig? The tonality of the other OOF twigs let them recede from the viewer's attention, and the sharpness and DOF of the perch and bluebird are perfect to hold the viewer's attention.

Looking forward to more!
Thanks very much Karen, I was back over there early this morning and shot Mountain Bluebirds.
Simply incredible Louie. These are all gorgeous. Well worth your efforts.
Thanks very much Rick.
A true sign of spring! Simply wonderful, especially 2 and 3.
Thanks Nick, I think Spring has sprung.
So beautiful and well done Louie. Sure sign of Spring.
Many thanks Bill, appreciate it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom