Wet Flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by gbenic, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Please help me by critiquing this image:

[​IMG]

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    I think it looks great... the only thing some may say about it is that it too centered i am very guilty of that myself...but very nice indeed....

3. Hi Greg. I'd agree with the previous poster. Try cropping off some on the right so the pink blossom is coming from the corner more. You might also try flipping the image horizontally and see what you think. Sometimes I do that and it completely changes the image.

Great shot though, overall! :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

I like it. It is well composed (doesn't meet the rule of thirds as already pointed out, but that is a suggestion more than a rule), and is perfectly exposed and very sharp.

5. Beautiful.... I love it..

6. Thank you everyone. Here is a different crop. This is as far to the right as I can shift it. There is some distraction if I take it any further assuming I keep the same 4:3 crop. Is this more "correct"? Why? I guess I will have to Google "rule of thirds".

[​IMG]

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

They both look pretty good to me. :wink:

8. Thanks for the comments. I did research the rule of thirds and found some great explanations (and pictures for those of us who need them :p ) I have been framing my shots differently and I must admit, they do catch the eye better.

Thanks again.

9. Your original picture is perfect, the color of the flower is so strong and the greens on each sides compete, a lot of details on the left and less on the right.

10. Hi Greg, the two pictures are nice but I like the first one better because it appears more in balance to me. For my taste, I would like to see a little bit darker picture to show more flower texture. Good work done.

11. Thank you for the additional comments. I will try it a little darker and see what happens.