1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What a 300/2.8 VR can do?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by GoRob, Sep 21, 2008.

1. GoRob

GoRob

Nov 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Got a good deal from a local fellow. Loved it from the first second. But now debating about keep or sell.
    Love the feel, the speed, the VR...... hate the weight and size. But most important of all - don't know where I should use it for? I am no professional, watch some sports games maybe twice a year, family won't stand 100 feet far to let me practice it, and too short for birds.
    Should I go for a 70-200VR instead?

2. If you got a good deal, then get a 1.4x or the 1.7x...it's not too short for birds. :biggrin:

DSC_3013-1.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. Wow Will. That's a pretty incredible image.

4. GoRob

GoRob

Nov 6, 2007
    Toronto
    Wow, nice shot! What TC did you use? Will the focusing speed significantly slower with the TCs? And which camera did you use it with?

5. primoz

primoz

Aug 25, 2008
    Willoughby, Oh
    whoa, amazing shot!

6. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    As Will said it does work pretty well with birds:biggrin:this with the D300 & 300 2.8 VR and the 1.7 TC attached.:smile:
    377830321_L4yES-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7. Thanks: Robert, Rob, and John!
    I used the 1.4x with the D300 300 VR, the 1.7 works well too as Tim's excellent shot shows. :smile:
    AF will slow down a bit with the 1.7, don't notice it's there using the 1.4. The D3 plays a little better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.