What a beast

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by huskey8, May 4, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Well it came today one box with ups and the other from FedEx camera and lens. After Franks generous offer of the use of his h I started to do some serious investigation into the 2x. Ive read a dozen articles and reviews, watched as you guys worked out the kinks and produced such stunning pictures. But the other day I walked into our local Wolf camera and their it was sold but the sales guy let me play with it for a while what a mistake. Well I hope that I can get a handle on this thing in the next month if not Ill have fun trying.
    [​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Yep, another beast owner!! I suppose the reversed nokiN was a trick test to see who was paying attention (not that it wasn't glaring).

Folks, I'm here to say that I'm red-faced. I was going to send Huskey8 my NC2 software but found that I had the box and manuals. As it turns out, I had to send the CD back to Nikon to get a free NC3 package (timing purchase thingy). :oops:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Richard, you old dog!!!!

Congratulations!! You are going to have so much fun that I cannot tell you. As much as you were able to do with the 828, you have moved into a new universe, and the 28-70....WOW is all I can say.

I know that you have an event to cover during the June 4/5 weekend, but you need to come shoot with us for at least a couple of days at Merritt. Do you still have my cell number?

5. Richard, judging from your expression... is that beast combo so...heavy to handhold???
    Take a good care now of your beast and make sure you feed it at least twice a day with a 4GBs CFC ;-)

6. Richard,

Welcome to a brave new world... you won't regret it at all.

Unless, of course, you thought you were able to control your lens lust to any extent. :)

It won't take you long at all to get used to the new body. It's so well designed and intuitive once you get used to the controls that you will have no problems I'm sure.

My advice: spend the most time up front getting used to the essentials before starting to delve into the special features. You can always start experimenting later -- those features will still be there.

Congratulations! :) :) :)

7. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Frank

Frank did I miss something when are you guys going to MI I would love to catch up with you have you heard from Harry. PM me your cell number if you would.
    Richard

8. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Panos

I'm not a Nikon guy my 828 was a feather compared to this camera I thought that some of the people were stretching the Truth when they talked about how heavy their camera bags were well not any more.
    Richard

9. dan_m

dan_m Guest

A limerick

I've been doin' this digital a while
    Spent a bucket of money; no, a pile
    Had an S2, a Kodak, and others
    N80's and so many brothers
    The new Nikon beats them all by a mile

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: A limerick

How about....

I been digitating for only a year
    but the savings that I once held so dear
    are so far (were so near)
    Can't retire now, I fear....

:lol:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Frank

Richard,

PM sent with details.

12. It looks like it fits you like a glove. I am sure it will become
    a great instrument, in your hands.

Cheers,
    Robin

13. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Robin

Thank you for those kind words that is some impressive website you have did you do it by yourself.

Richard

14. Thanks Richard,
    It is my site, from the ground up. Except it is being scrapped
    in the next week or so for the new revamped one. The format
    on that site is getting old, the photography needs to be updated,
    and I am putting more emphasis on my photography and less
    on design, web sites etc....

So, you have had the camera in your hands for over 24 hours
    now. How many frames have you fired so far?

Cheers,
    Robin

15. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    I get such a kick out of this new metric of the digital photography era. 'Frames Fired" seems to be the new badge of honor. Never mind how many salable images were made :lol:

When I read that someone 'fired 2000 frames' to cover a wedding, I remember when I did weddings and those 'frames' cost more than a buck apiece, considering the cost to buy, process and proof 120 film.

I'm not sure what I think about this new badge of photographic prowess :?:

But then again, when I consider that my 1995 Isusu Trooper doesn't quite have 70,000 miles on it, I suppose that explains it. . . . . and they were all good miles, too :p :p :p

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    LOL John. :lol:

There is of course truth to what you say, but I think that this is one of the attractions of digital. I do agree though that after you have learned your gear, the emphasis should shift to getting quality shots, not just shots.

17. Its not a badge at all, just a gauge of how much fun he had with his
    new toy. We can say it is a tool, but we all know deep down that it
    is a kick butt toy. :D

Cheers,
    Robin

18. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Robin

Robin

I cant just fire away and not look at a good image if it's on the nasty side I need to find out why so all that said maybe 30. It is a remarkable camera Robin the potential is way above may head at the moment but as you stated earlier it is just instrument and it's nice to know that it can go anywhere I'm smart enough to take it.
    Richard

19. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM