What a day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PGB, Feb 10, 2005.

1. PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Today I took the day off from work and the forum to get some much needed relaxation. I went to Guntersville Dam to see if I could get some Eagles.
    I must say that they are the most magnificent creatures I have ever seen. I shot 2 gigs worth of pics and I am so looking forward to sharing them with everyone.

I've been pretty stressed at work lately and just had to take a day to myself. I'm so glad I did and glad that Flew told me about this Bald Eagle nest.

I'll post the pics later when I get them transfered.

2. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    That sounds great Patrick! I've been toying with the idea of calling in "sick" tomorrow. I NEED to go shooting!

Can't wait to see your pics.
  3. PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I have to say that it really helped me to cope with what I've been working on. Plus, to see Eagles at play was just awesome. After I arrived at the dam about 5 other photographers and birders showed up too. We all were jumping up and down so excited. This was my first time actually spotting and shooting Eagles. I felt like my son when he gets a new toy. I just hope they turned out as good on the pc as they looked on the d2h.

I can't wait to share them!
  4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear it..

My daughter says " I took a mental Health day".. Might be something to that.

Your day sounds great, can't wait to see the pics. I love Eagles. Never see one yet in the wild.

Harry chases them away and tells them when I'm coming. :>))))

5. PGB

Jan 25, 2005

This was my first time seeing them in the wild. To be so close to them was spectacular. I wish I could explain in words the feeling of watching these creatures. I was so excited the first time one of the adults flew into the area of the nest I forgot all about taking its picture! Then I remembered and went to town. This could be a once in a lifetime event as you never know if they will be back next year or where they will nest.

Unfortunatly these will probably be gone within the next week. I hope I can get back out there before the move on. I definately recommend that you go and search for some and don't get them spooked. You will be so happy you did. I was in tears at the beauty of these. I never knew how much fun and excitement this hobby would be. I wish I had found it in high school or earlier. I have much more appreciation of the wild than I did in my younger days.

6. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Hurry with the pics :!:

I can't wait. I'm going into birdie withdrawal. The life you save might be mine.... :D

7. GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    I ditto everything that Frank wrote. Hurry with the pics :!: :!:

8. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl

I am afraid I would be so excited , I would forget to shoot, and just gaze at the wonder. :>))

9. OK already, where are they. Looking forward to your post.
  10. CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
  11. Quit teasing! Show us the money!

It has to be better then what I got yesterday which amounted to an eagkly high up in a fur 400 feet or so, one can see it has a white head :)

12. gho

Feb 7, 2005
    Patrick, your work here is much appreicated! You deserve a day off!
  13. PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    There is a thread in the bird forum of my eagle shots!!!

I am so excited!