What a day!

PGB

Today I took the day off from work and the forum to get some much needed relaxation. I went to Guntersville Dam to see if I could get some Eagles.
I must say that they are the most magnificent creatures I have ever seen. I shot 2 gigs worth of pics and I am so looking forward to sharing them with everyone.

I've been pretty stressed at work lately and just had to take a day to myself. I'm so glad I did and glad that Flew told me about this Bald Eagle nest.

I'll post the pics later when I get them transfered.

Thanks,

PGB

I have to say that it really helped me to cope with what I've been working on. Plus, to see Eagles at play was just awesome. After I arrived at the dam about 5 other photographers and birders showed up too. We all were jumping up and down so excited. This was my first time actually spotting and shooting Eagles. I felt like my son when he gets a new toy. I just hope they turned out as good on the pc as they looked on the d2h.

I can't wait to share them!

Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear it..

My daughter says " I took a mental Health day".. Might be something to that.

Your day sounds great, can't wait to see the pics. I love Eagles. Never see one yet in the wild.

Harry chases them away and tells them when I'm coming. :>))))

Cheers
Gale

PGB

Gale,

This was my first time seeing them in the wild. To be so close to them was spectacular. I wish I could explain in words the feeling of watching these creatures. I was so excited the first time one of the adults flew into the area of the nest I forgot all about taking its picture! Then I remembered and went to town. This could be a once in a lifetime event as you never know if they will be back next year or where they will nest.

Unfortunatly these will probably be gone within the next week. I hope I can get back out there before the move on. I definately recommend that you go and search for some and don't get them spooked. You will be so happy you did. I was in tears at the beauty of these. I never knew how much fun and excitement this hobby would be. I wish I had found it in high school or earlier. I have much more appreciation of the wild than I did in my younger days.

Cheers,

Hurry with the pics :!:

I can't wait. I'm going into birdie withdrawal. The life you save might be mine.... :D

Frank

Patrick,

I am afraid I would be so excited , I would forget to shoot, and just gaze at the wonder. :>))

Cheers
Gale

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Quit teasing! Show us the money!

It has to be better then what I got yesterday which amounted to an eagkly high up in a fur 400 feet or so, one can see it has a white head :)

andreas

PGB

There is a thread in the bird forum of my eagle shots!!!

I am so excited!

Latest threads

Top Bottom