What a difference a few minutes and a few stops make!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Went out for a sunday morning drive with my wife to look at the sunrises.

Interesting how a change in lens, camera settings, and a few minutes of light can drastically alter the mood of an image.

Taken with the 17-55 on a tripod:

[​IMG]

A few minutes later with a 70-200 vr and a CP ( forgot I had it on ) and stopped down some more in Aperture Priority - then I got a completely different kind of image. I kind of like this one best though:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. I like the first one better. It's a softer light and more unique in my opinion, but then again I'm a sucker for purple. :)

3. I like both but give the nod to #1. I like the soft pastels of color and the forground stick adds a little something.

4. I really them both.... well done.

5. Thanks Vern. Generally I like the softer light pastels but I still gravitate towards the darker second. It smacks more of "good morning world" for me.

Thanks Matt I shot that same stick and view many times previously. Fall sunrises are particularly beautiful from that angle.

6. Sandi you have to be a little more definitive! You really ......them both. Like? Hate? :smile: :smile:

I just figured out the "well done" must mean you liked them? Hope spring is coming in like a lion to you folks in southern Ontario.

Thanks

7. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    both are so nice, I sure wish they were my images !!

8. The second one is cool with the silhouetted birds, and simple blocked-up areas.

9. Thanks very much for your comments.

10. #1 works best for me, both are good.

11. Thanks very much for your feedback Raul.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have found there is nothing more fun than playing with sunrise and sunset pics in camera:>)))))
    Results is truly dramatic.
    Have fun and keep playing

13. Thanks Gale....will do.

14. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful and amazing colors. I have the same experience when the sun goes down over the sea the light changes within very few minutes.

15. Thanks Torben..you must have some amazing opportunities in Denmark for sunrises/sunsets