What a difference a few minutes and a few stops make!

Went out for a sunday morning drive with my wife to look at the sunrises.

Interesting how a change in lens, camera settings, and a few minutes of light can drastically alter the mood of an image.

Taken with the 17-55 on a tripod:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few minutes later with a 70-200 vr and a CP ( forgot I had it on ) and stopped down some more in Aperture Priority - then I got a completely different kind of image. I kind of like this one best though:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

I like the first one better. It's a softer light and more unique in my opinion, but then again I'm a sucker for purple. :)
Thanks Vern. Generally I like the softer light pastels but I still gravitate towards the darker second. It smacks more of "good morning world" for me.

I like both but give the nod to #1. I like the soft pastels of color and the forground stick adds a little something.
Thanks Matt I shot that same stick and view many times previously. Fall sunrises are particularly beautiful from that angle.

I have found there is nothing more fun than playing with sunrise and sunset pics in camera:>)))))
Results is truly dramatic.
Have fun and keep playing

Beautiful and amazing colors. I have the same experience when the sun goes down over the sea the light changes within very few minutes.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom