What a Difference a Year Makes

I still have a long way to go- but here is last years 'best' dance recital picture- Pre-DSLR Point & Shoot Jones- Nothing on the stage was even close to this good. :confused:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is last night- D50 w/ 105/2.8vr wide open at ISO 1600. :smile:

Thanks Gale-

Here's a few of the other kids-

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Jeff, those are excellent photos...you did a great job on them! I'm beyond jealous if those were taken during the performance...our studio has a strict no-camera rule during performances. If I want any memory of the performance, I'm stuck buying a low-quality dvd for $30, which is merely a wide-angle taping of the show. Unless I remember where my daughter was standing, I can never even find her in that! People sneak in camera phones, but I'd probably be too conspicuous with my D70 and long lens, lol!

Jeff, those are excellent photos...you did a great job on them! I'm beyond jealous if those were taken during the performance...our studio has a strict no-camera rule during performances. If I want any memory of the performance, I'm stuck buying a low-quality dvd for $30, which is merely a wide-angle taping of the show. Unless I remember where my daughter was standing, I can never even find her in that! People sneak in camera phones, but I'd probably be too conspicuous with my D70 and long lens, lol!
No- the performance is tonight and they have a similar no camera rule (And DVD offer- imagine that!) These were from the dress rehearsal last night.

Thanks all!

One More...

Amazing isn't it... I looked at some shots recently on a family members wall that I took last year and thought to myself "I can't believe I took that"

They think it's great but I asked if we could try some shots like this again soon :wink:

This brings up the age old argument of whether the camera matters, but like everything else it is never black and white.
These pictures would be a good example that a "better" camera allows more freedom and possibility to get more dynamic shots.

Great job, Jeff! Glad to see another dance photographer here. Looks like the D50 works great at 1600, can you advise how much pp was done for lighting?

This is our big week too, starting tomorrow, five performances, including two dress rehearsals (based on age) through Sunday Matinee. I'm still tuckered out from yesterday - 38 indiv and several group shots at the dance studio.

Great job, Jeff! Glad to see another dance photographer here. Looks like the D50 works great at 1600, can you advise how much pp was done for lighting?

This is our big week too, starting tomorrow, five performances, including two dress rehearsals (based on age) through Sunday Matinee. I'm still tuckered out from yesterday - 38 indiv and several group shots at the dance studio.
Thanks Stephanie-

Not much pp at all- shot in raw and fiddled with the WB a little- adjustment to levels- thats about it. Mainly because the lighting was horrible on stage.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom