What a Difference a Year Makes

Discussion in 'People' started by Jeff Fillmore, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I still have a long way to go- but here is last years 'best' dance recital picture- Pre-DSLR Point & Shoot Jones- Nothing on the stage was even close to this good. :confused:

[​IMG]

Here is last night- D50 w/ 105/2.8vr wide open at ISO 1600. :smile:

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent work
    I do like the first one also.
    Gotta like it:>))))

3. Thanks Gale-

Here's a few of the other kids-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow very nice work..all of them
    Love the little one with the feathers...funny

5. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    Great job Jeff!!

6. Excellent Jeff and good progress as well.

7. Jeff, those are excellent photos...you did a great job on them! I'm beyond jealous if those were taken during the performance...our studio has a strict no-camera rule during performances. If I want any memory of the performance, I'm stuck buying a low-quality dvd for $30, which is merely a wide-angle taping of the show. Unless I remember where my daughter was standing, I can never even find her in that! People sneak in camera phones, but I'd probably be too conspicuous with my D70 and long lens, lol!

8. good job Jeff!

9. No- the performance is tonight and they have a similar no camera rule (And DVD offer- imagine that!) These were from the dress rehearsal last night.

10. Thanks all!

One More...

[​IMG]

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    NIce:>))))
    Pretty little gal

12. Amazing isn't it... I looked at some shots recently on a family members wall that I took last year and thought to myself "I can't believe I took that"

They think it's great but I asked if we could try some shots like this again soon :wink:

13. danmab

danmab

Apr 26, 2007
    Wisconsin
    This brings up the age old argument of whether the camera matters, but like everything else it is never black and white.
    These pictures would be a good example that a "better" camera allows more freedom and possibility to get more dynamic shots.

14. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Great job, Jeff! Glad to see another dance photographer here. Looks like the D50 works great at 1600, can you advise how much pp was done for lighting?

This is our big week too, starting tomorrow, five performances, including two dress rehearsals (based on age) through Sunday Matinee. I'm still tuckered out from yesterday - 38 indiv and several group shots at the dance studio.

15. Excellent job Jeff....awesome pics. I would share these pics w/other parents, maybe you could make a few extra bucks...

16. Thanks Stephanie-

Not much pp at all- shot in raw and fiddled with the WB a little- adjustment to levels- thats about it. Mainly because the lighting was horrible on stage.

17. Thanks again all-

18. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  19. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Man, you nailed those, especially considering the rough conditions.