Critique What a potato looks like when it has caught COVID-19

Though the new potato didn't really catch COVID-19, I would never have known it would eventually develop these intense colors and shapes. This potato is also included in the two images displayed at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/new-potatoes-that-became-old-potatoes.323588.

Setup
A flashlight in the right rear was lighting the right sprout from behind. Another one on the right was lighting the front of the main part of the potato to emphasize its texture. A white reflector on the left brightened that side of the subject. A third flashlight in the rear lit the background made of purple poster board. That color was changed during post-processing to complement the tones in the subject.

Focus Stacking
30 focus-bracketed images at CamRanger step size "Small" stacked in Helicon Focus at the default settings

Mike 2020-08-04--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
My wife found some very old cotton that someone cut up for a strip quilt. She cut them into 1-inch squares for another project. I found the patterns and colors interesting.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Tom were these taken through a lens ball.

Al

No Al, they are just plain circles, manipulated in PS, I have a large a gallery of these, some I have forgotten how to make. They come and in interest, but I have always found them fun. Sometimes you get a real gem.

May be it hasn't got covid 19 but this image certainly reminds me some germs and illness Mike. It disgusts me, but this means your image has reached its goal. So, well done.

Latest threads

Top Bottom