What a time we had!!!

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Leigh, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I really enjoyed today. My mission in putting this "event" together was to make some new friends and get to know some old ones better. As far as I'm concerned, I succeeded. We all got to walk around the Botanical Garden for a few hours before lunch and then come back for a bite to eat and cold drinks. Then back out into the Garden for more fun....

I honestly didn't take that many pictures (I know.....) but I was having so much fun getting to know everyone that it didn't matter....that and chasing my 2 boys around kept me pretty busy. But I did take a few pictures and here are a few I thought I'd share....Hope you enjoy these and I look forward to next year.....Definitely going to plan another one!!

Ryan
    [​IMG]

Benjamin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flower
    [​IMG]

Butterfly
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow we go on the Green Mountain Hike and then the Harmony Park Safari Reserve. Looking forward to that as well....Oh and some of the guys are still planning on going to Guntersville Dam to get some pics of Great Blue Herons....!

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It's great to hear that the first official get-together went well...hopefully, it is the start of many more. Thanks so much for making it happen!!!

3. Leigh.....thank you so much for being an awesome hostess. The Daniel Family really had a great time. I love the last shot of Ben.....wonderful!! Your butterfyl capture has some great detail!! Looking forward to getting together again!! :D :D :D :D

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Leigh,
    I had a great time. Thanks for putting this together (and thanks to anyone else who helped). I enjoyed meeting everybody and putting faces with names. I haven't even looked at my pics yet. Hopefully I'll get some up this weekend.

5. JMartin

JMartin Guest

what a great time...

Leigh,

It was a pleasure meeting you and all the other great folks from the forum. This event was a blast and we are so glad we made the drive up from Tampa.

I just went thru my photos, all 204, a lot of keepers in there for a change. I definately have some photos that I will need to send you guys of Ryan and Ben and send to Bryan of Parker. Especially the photos of the kids playing in the water, those were awesome!

I was going to process some of them and post tonight, but I am about to make like the the 3 girls here atm, and pass out, Frank just called and will be here at about 6:15 - 6:30 am to head to the dam.

Here is just one teaser:
    [​IMG]
    I just have one question... What were you doing in this photo Bryan? :? You look like you are looking for something on the ground.

We can't wait for another outing like this.
    Joe

6. It was good to meet you and your family Joe. I thought I stepped in something, and I was looking on the ground to see what it was. Ended up being nothing. Great shot!! The kids really had a great time!! :D :D :D

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Leigh your images are great/

So glad a good time for all.

It is so much fun to meet up with the other members. Kids are having fun too.

Good job.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for your comments everyone! Glad you all had a good time. I'm working on processing a few that I took yesterday on the Hike we took up on Green Mountain as well as some I took at the Harmony Park Safari.
    Cheers!

9. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    good stuff Leigh.