1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What a treat.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Yvette, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Owls are one of my favorite birds and I have never had the opportunity to photograph one. Yesterday at the river there was a resident owl where you launch your boats. He was not at all scared of the people and even swooped down to steal a crawfish out of someone's hand. This was a real treat for me.

Barred Owl
    barredowl7.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 93179

View attachment 93180

He was sitting watching this little boy fish. He had a little fish attached to the hook and everytime he pulled it out the water the owl looked ready to swoop down and catch it.
    View attachment 93181

2. Beautiful shots!

3. Lucky you. I am still looking forward to see one in the open.
    Thanks for posting.

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Phil. I was very excited.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Glad you enjoyed them Sam. When I first saw him perched on the wooden log I thought that someone may have perched a stuffed owl there. Imagine my suprise when he moved.

6. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Great shots Yvette, and very lucky to catch one that is not skittish of us humans. This is also one animal I want to photograph one day but have yet to come across one.

7. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Wow sharp shots,Love the second one!!

8. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Dave. Why not take a trip down to Florida. This river is just outside of Tallahassee and I believe he is there all the time.

9. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you Rathika. He/she is a beauty.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    Great shots and wonderful find

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.