What a Wonderful Day !!!!!!

I started my day at 8:30 AM at the Viera Wetlands waiting for a forum member visiting here from Canada..

WOW---Believe me this was a great pleasure for me.

Well we kinda got mixed up a bit on time and exact place.

However the folks at the wetlands did a great job of taking care of him and found me so I could meet up with him :>)))

Thank goodness for that.

Dao is now an official member of the Mayer of Viera GBH Club :>))

He showed off well for him. As did our resident GWE. Saw an Eagle. To bad he came and left and was to far away.

We both enjoyed the Beautiful water lilies for quite a bit of time.

Dao really liked the layout of the land and the nice wide open area. Peaceful.

We enjoyed the company of the manager of the wetlands and also found out all of us that have shot wildlife there are welcome to submit images for an upcomomg calender contest for the coming year. More to follow on that.

Well it got pretty hot and humid so around 2 PM we had a wonderful lunch at TGIF Fridays and headed to the Brevard Zoo.

Thought he would really love the butterfly exiibit. Come to find out it ended July 4th. We did have many other great photo ops though.

I would say it was rather HOT and HUMID...Soooooo

47251132.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This explains that.

I don't have time or energy to post any more pics this evening.. However i would like Dao to post his great impressions.

Dao is a wonderful photographer as you all know ,and I now know also a wonderful person.

We may meet again to go to viera.

We were out until about 6 PM when a horiffic Florida T-storm approached and had to depart.

Wish you could all have been with us.

I am glad that you and Dao got together. I have really been wondering where he has been. He was a regular here at the Cafe and then sort of disappeared. Looking forward to both of your posts. The cooling station is really a neat image, I can almost feel the mist on my face.

Hi Gordon,

Well as you know he is on vacation in fla. Has not the internet connection. He is staying in New Smynra Beach. Really nice community.

He mentioned not being on in awhile.

He has been devoting his time lately on learning new techniques and shooting daily to improve his skills and staying off the internet.

He has also said reading and practicing Ron R's E- book and techniques has helped him tremendously.

Thank You for you nice words on the image.

Shot with the 24-120 VR hand held. OOB Just sharpened and resized for net.

Dao taught me alot today :>)))

Thank You Don,

Couldn't think of a better way to discribe the weather..

But had a wonderful time inspite of it :>)))

Ya know camera in hand, can withstand almost anything.

lolol just one more shot !!!!!-----and 3 hours later

Thank You Simon,

I am still smiling....

Getting together with froum members for a shoot has always been just a great thing and hope you get to as well :>)))

Hi gale

sounds like you had fun is that old GBH still hanging around god what a camera hog I will never forget him. Im glad to hear that a eagle was seen the last I talked to harry he haden't seen him in a while.

Hi Richard,

Oh yeah the GBH "The Mayor or Viera" is well and still a camera hog. I'll have to fix up one and post.

Oh now we have one that has taken up at the Brevard Zoo :>))) At the big pond where the Flamingos are. Boy does he stand out...There are two GBH nests at the zoo now also. When the babies were there you could here them just a chattering all day long. That is such a neat little Zoo.

Since there were no butterflys went on a search for one of my favorite birds. Cookabere.*sp How unique they are. She even laughed for us. Normally quite hard to spot. Usually hides in the foliage and blends so well. We got a show. So that was a good find. Shooting conditions were not good for her though. But managed a couple..

Dao is so great to shoot with. He takes alot of time to study a subject and talk about shooting it and just so nice and relaxed.

I think he will be back down next week and we will go shooting again.

Can't wait.....

An eagle, huh? Well, maybe that means he'll be frequenting the area a little more in the weeks to come. ;)

Glad you had a good time with Dao. I'm on vacation now for the next week so hope to get some shooting in. Have some new places to check out.

Too bad about the b-flies...but the zoo is a great place! :)

Kevin,

Can you pm me your pjone # If you aree off this week maybe you can get together with Dao.. He would really like that.

I have his number you could call him and set something up.

I did pm you that info last week .. Maybe you did not get it.

Let me know if you can get together with him/us

Hey Gale,

Man I wish I could have been there with you and Dao. He is one of my best friends here on the Cafe, and I would have loved to shot with both of you. Looks like you guys had a great time. It sure would be nice if he could come down for Merritt III. 8)

Frank is is one great person and great to be around. Great photog also.

I sure hope lots of folks get to meet him.

We had a very pleasurable day.

I am working on a few pics from yesterday

Latest threads

Top Bottom