What AA rechargeable batteries and charger?

I have been searching the net for some compairsons and it seems everything i find is at least 1 year out dated

so i search this board and it is hidden within the threads.

Right now i use my SB-400 with energizer 2450 and 2500 mAh battiers

these have give the best recycle time I have found.

but i'm also thinking about a SB-600 and D300/s + grip for 8FPS

just wondering if these battery actually test at 2500 mAh ?

i know i have seen the syano but they are only 2000 mAh? but are hybird so they don't dicharge waiting on you to use them.

as far as chrager go the one i have is the energizer one, you must charge at least 2 batteries and it take 15 HOURS :eek:

would like one that will:
1. charge each battery alone
2. tell me if a battery is bad
3. charge in under 5 hours or 7 hour for 8 batterys
4. charge 8AA battery's at a time
5. if left in the charger keep battery's at full charge without over charging

I use a Powerex charger. You can do a regular charge, soft charge or complete recondition. It's a bit on the expensive side, but well worth it.

I used to use Power2000 2900mAh batteries, but am now a die-hard convert to Sanyo Eneloops.

Hope this helps.

The two batteries I use the most are Imedion by Powerex and and Eneloops by Sanyo. They are both excellent batteries that hold their charge for a long time. As to a charger, I have the MAHA C800S eight cell charger. All of the above can be purchased at Thomas Distributing at a good price. There service is excellent and so is the equipment that I specified.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys i think i may go with the maha c9000 charger and the Sanyo 2700 mAh batteries

may pick up some AAA's also

Enloops from costco. If you get the coupon books from costco, you can pick up the set that they sell (8xAA, 4xAAA, charge, adapters) for like under $20. Sweet deal. I think I have picked up 3-4 sets now.

I need to find 1.5v batteries and most of the batteries on the Thomas site don't seem to list voltage. I just checked the Eneloop site and it says they're 1.2v. Does anyone know of good 1.5v batteries?

Edit: So now after more reading it seems because of different chemicals rechargeable NIMH's are never 1.5v... Now that really leaves me wondering what to do as Nikon repair told me the problem I'm having with my D700 not always seeing my grip is because I'm running 1.2V batteries instead of 1.5....

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last few hours I've been on every battery manufacturer website I can think of and can't find any rechargeable AA's that are 1.5v...

In the last few hours I've been on every battery manufacturer website I can think of and can't find any rechargeable AA's that are 1.5v...
you won't the battery chemistry will not support it BT they are only 1.2V under load

my eneloope are likw 1.44 volts fully charged

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom