1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What AA rechargeable batteries and charger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbo V6 Camaro, Aug 2, 2009.

1. I have been searching the net for some compairsons and it seems everything i find is at least 1 year out dated

so i search this board and it is hidden within the threads.

Right now i use my SB-400 with energizer 2450 and 2500 mAh battiers

these have give the best recycle time I have found.

but i'm also thinking about a SB-600 and D300/s + grip for 8FPS

just wondering if these battery actually test at 2500 mAh ?

i know i have seen the syano but they are only 2000 mAh? but are hybird so they don't dicharge waiting on you to use them.

as far as chrager go the one i have is the energizer one, you must charge at least 2 batteries and it take 15 HOURS :eek: 

would like one that will:
    1. charge each battery alone
    2. tell me if a battery is bad
    3. charge in under 5 hours or 7 hour for 8 batterys
    4. charge 8AA battery's at a time
    5. if left in the charger keep battery's at full charge without over charging

2. I use a Powerex charger. You can do a regular charge, soft charge or complete recondition. It's a bit on the expensive side, but well worth it.

I used to use Power2000 2900mAh batteries, but am now a die-hard convert to Sanyo Eneloops.

Hope this helps.

3. The two batteries I use the most are Imedion by Powerex and and Eneloops by Sanyo. They are both excellent batteries that hold their charge for a long time. As to a charger, I have the MAHA C800S eight cell charger. All of the above can be purchased at Thomas Distributing at a good price. There service is excellent and so is the equipment that I specified.

4. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Sanyo Eneloops are great. I got mine from Costco.

5. Imedion by Powerex and and MAHA C800S eight cell charger---THE perfect combination.

6. thanks guys i think i may go with the maha c9000 charger and the Sanyo 2700 mAh batteries

may pick up some AAA's also

7. Andrew,
    Do you know if those 2700 sanyos are low discharge?

8. I have this the link in my opinion its the best you can buy...click on the "watch Video".

9. thanks for the link but i can buy 2 of th maha c9000s for only $20 more. like i said above i wish there was a 8 batt charger that can do the same this (with the read out of MAH

10. Thanks Andrew for the info.
    One more questions - is there a noticeable diference using 2700 batt vs 2100 batts with respect to cycle times for flashes?

11. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
  12. wrx1

wrx1

Nov 1, 2007
    Maplewood MN
    Enloops from costco. If you get the coupon books from costco, you can pick up the set that they sell (8xAA, 4xAAA, charge, adapters) for like under $20. Sweet deal. I think I have picked up 3-4 sets now.

13. +1 for Eneloops

14. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    I need to find 1.5v batteries and most of the batteries on the Thomas site don't seem to list voltage. I just checked the Eneloop site and it says they're 1.2v. Does anyone know of good 1.5v batteries?

Edit: So now after more reading it seems because of different chemicals rechargeable NIMH's are never 1.5v... Now that really leaves me wondering what to do as Nikon repair told me the problem I'm having with my D700 not always seeing my grip is because I'm running 1.2V batteries instead of 1.5....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  15. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    In the last few hours I've been on every battery manufacturer website I can think of and can't find any rechargeable AA's that are 1.5v...

16. you won't the battery chemistry will not support it BT they are only 1.2V under load

my eneloope are likw 1.44 volts fully charged

17. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    I was just reading that... Check my other post above.. Now I'm really confused.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.