What age bracket do you belong to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 13, 2005.

1. 13 to 21 / Wet behind the ears

98.6%
  2. 21-35 / The hot headed rookie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 35-55 / The battle worn veteran

0.7%
  4. 55-80 / Wise beyond mere mortals

0.7%
  5. 80 and up / I'm like Yoda!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I know this question has been asked before, but with so many new members it would be interesting to see what age bracket everyone belongs to on the forum. Plus I'm a poll junkie! :p

2. Just turned 57.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Leigh has always said I'm hot headed!

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm right at 35, so some days I play "The hot headed rookie" then I fallow it up the next with "The battle worn veteran"

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm "nearing" 34...but these days I'm so tired I feel more like 84...so what category does that put me in??? Besides, technically I'm "the hot headed rookie"....but you don't have a category for what Patrick said I am...."Know it all"! Maybe it falls in the same group??? lol ;-)

6. Przemek

Przemek Guest

Another 'rookie' here

I just turned 25 last month.

Regards,
    Przemek

[​IMG]

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    25??? You were 6 years old when I got married!!! Geez, I'm feeling old!! I have an old Canon TLb that's older than you!

8. Przemek

Przemek Guest

Yeah, many cameras are certainly older than myself. I have my grandfather's German rangefinder camera with a Synchro-Compur shutter and aperture-priority functionality if I'm not mistaken. I think it's from the fifties.

I need to take it out sometime. It's light meter is broken. I hope the shutter is ok. A while back I realized that the camera has been stored with it's shutter cocked. It might have loosened the springs or something. Any advice if the shutter could have been damaged? Since the meter does not work, I really have no way to test.

Now that I brought this up, does anyone know if there's a place I could take that camera to have it's meter fixed? It's the old-type, square-segment one (what's the proper term?).

It's a good memento of my grandfather though and I think a nice antique.

Regards,
    Przemek

9. Very subjective. Some days I think I'm at Boy Scout camp with my Brownie, others it's 69 and I'm getting drafted. On my bad days it's 75 and I am in a induced fog
    BUT I never feel 54 :cry:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    63 and next be 62 hahahha

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm 32. I won't dispute I'm a rookie but I'm not sure about the hot-headed part. :)

12. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Just about to turn 49 in a little over a month.. Man I am getting old! :(

13. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

That is old Frank.. but for those of us that fail math class, just how old are you? :)

14. 16 but by the time I'm in school again, I'll be closer to the wide end of my 17-35 :)

15. I am just 5 days from the dark dark 40th.

If someone has a "70-200 VR" just lying around and not being used- please send it to me and maybe that will cheer me up just a little. :)

I am gonna get a new monitor to help me get through this most traumatic birthday.

16. Oh I guess they call the "40th" the "Over the Hill" Birthday. Never had one before - so I do not know all the names of these things. I remember being 20 and thinking 40 is really really old. Now I am almost 40 now I think 20 is really really young.

17. Wow I'm 26, and definitely a hot headed rookie! Don't take the classifications too seriously, i just made them up really quick! :p

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh man, that hurt! (voting on this that is.)

19. I guess i am in the categorie "wise beyond mere mortals"