What age bracket do you belong to?

• 21-35 / The hot headed rookie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80 and up / I'm like Yoda!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rob

52, 53 next month.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill. 8)
Growing old disgracefully, keeps the nagging machine on her toes. :shock:

Well Dave...I turned 51 this past June. Working so closely with guys more than half my age seems to keep me young. I still find enjoyment in listening to Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Journey. I am fighting back the Battle of the Bulge as best that I can. I can still bench press my weight (don't ask!). The bottom line...I'm nowhere near ready for the rocking chair!!!

Of all days to come across this poll! Today is my birthday and I'm really feelin old compared to most of the posts here! I'm as old as Mark O and Jonathan F/2 combined! (EDIT -- OOPS - I also can't add any more - must be a senior moment! Need to subtract 10 from their combined ages!) Don't really know that that earns me the "wise beyond mere mortals" status -- feels more like "worn out mortal".

How Old Am I or How Old Do I Feel?

I'm just a few months away from crossing a really significant threshold. I can tell you that this year I finally broke down and joined AARP (and that isn't American Association of Real Photographers) :lol:

I don't think I'm psychologically ready for this new age category. It seemed that turning 40 was a wake-up call. But, while I was old, I was young. I felt young. When I turned 50, I realized I wasn't young, but I still didn't feel old.

Now, with the really big one lurking in the not too distant future, believe me, on most mornings I get up and feel old and look in the mirror and ask "Who is that gray-haired woman looking back at me?" :shock:

drueter said:
Of all days to come across this poll! Today is my birthday and I'm really feelin old compared to most of the posts here! I'm as old as Mark O and Jonathan F/2 combined! Don't really know that that earns me the "wise beyond mere mortals" status -- feels more like "worn out mortal".

Happy Birthday Don!!!

I feel kinda weird, I turn 27 this year. I think back when I was 21 and it doesnt seem that long ago. People still think I'm younger than my age, so I guess that's a good thing!

Johnathan, you young snipper-whipper-whipper-snapper you. You vex me with this poll. I am not sure how to answer this. My problem, you see, is that I am now 55, which category do I fall into? This is the problem with young folks today, you have absolutely no concern for how you affect your elders when you have overlaps such as this without clear and concise intstructions. I mean, just look at how poor a job us oldsters do at elections now, for example. And, while I'm on a roll, how about them Nikon manuals, eh? And that Microsoft stuff. Oh, yeah, let's now forget about "child proof packing" on bottles of Ensure and Geritol :!: :!:

I'm so worked up now, I'll have to head for the geriatric ward, and get a Candy-Striper to calm me down......( oh i'll be in trouble for THAT one ) :wink: .

So, I just felt that someone ought to point out this problem, and how it will probably skew the poll results, as I'm sure that all of those who are below 40-1/2 will jump to the "younger" set as they may not be comfortable yet with their oldness. I also think that "venerable" belongs in that "over 55" group as well...

Double-Nickel and proud of it...and happy that I have lasted this long :lol:

Nothing wrong with age! For example, I've been playing tennis since I was in middle school and for the life of me, I still have a hard time beating my dad (who is 66) at tennis. No matter how hard or how aggressive I play him, he is pure finesse and technique. :p

It's humbling to be dropped shot, lobbed and aced at every move!

I think I'm 46. Hang on let me ask my wife.

Yep 46!

I stopped keeping up with my age many years ago, well 10 years ago or so. I'm totally serious. I looked at it as just one of those things that people stress over. So I figured if I forgot about it, no stress.

I've always figured, as long as I still feel young, what does the number matter!

I tell everyone that I’m 27, but the Social Security office thinks I’m 68. When I look back, I count several “lifetimes”, and I’m only a rookie in the current one. Just in case you didn’t already know, not everything improves with age – just when you think you’ve learned to play the game, somebody changes the rules.

Latest threads

Top Bottom