What are all the rare portrait lenses w/o LoCAs?

Even my mightly Nikon 85/1.4 and Zeiss 100/2 MP has longitudinal CAs. Usually I don't mind, but sometimes it makes the model's hair outlines green. That said, I've found some apochromatic lenses that don't have LoCAs:

Nikon 200/2 VR
Sigma 105/2.8 OS Macro
Tamron 60/2 Macro

These have no LoCAs even in extremely high contrast scenes. Any other lenses to add?

I don't think the Nikon 200 VR is an apochromatic lens.

Anyway, the Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL is supposed to be very good and the Leica 90 AA, 100 f/2.8 APO and 180/2.8 APO too.

Yes, the 200 f/2 has very little to no LoCA, absolutely fantastic lens, shouldn't have gotten rid of mine. I don't think you'll get a better "portrait" lens.

Leica 100 2.8. Leica APO puts the best of the Nikkors to shame including my 1.4 G s, all of them.
Ronald,

You are not allowed to say that in a public forum without supplying the evidence?

Comparative results are required. Same focal length. Same aperture. Same subject.

Please.

DG.

If you can go with a slightly slower lens, the CV 90mm APO Lanthar is f/3.5 and has very well controlled LoCA wide open. Of course, by f/4 it is similar to the Zeiss. The colors will be less warm and saturated than the Zeiss, without the signature Zeiss pop, but the CV is very sharp wide open. On a 12MP D700, the resolution of both lenses is about the same for all intents and purposes. By the way, the trade-off in speed with the CV is a nice short MFD so you can still do a tightly framed portrait and blur the background out nicely if that is to your taste.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom