What are the differences between the Chevy Tahoe and the GMC Yukon?

I am a UK resident and when on holidays I like to rent the Tahoe.
I am considering importing one but realised that GM also sells the GMC Yukon which seems to have more options and slightly more upmarket (especially in Denali).
Are there any other differences?

Thanks for help/advice/opinions.

I am a UK resident and when on holidays I like to rent the Tahoe.
I am considering importing one but realised that GM also sells the GMC Yukon which seems to have more options and slightly more upmarket (especially in Denali).
Are there any other differences?

Thanks for help/advice/opinions.
No. They are built on the same platform. I think when you buy a Yukon you can specify a more powerful engine but that wouldn't likely be available on a rental unit. GM does try to position the Yukon as a more upscale model so they can charge more.

But my experiences with rental car companies is that you can't rent a specific make and model...you rent a class and they give you what they have on hand. Might be a Nissan. Or a Hyundai.

No. They are built on the same platform. I think when you buy a Yukon you can specify a more powerful engine but that wouldn't likely be available on a rental unit. GM does try to position the Yukon as a more upscale model so they can charge more.

But my experiences with rental car companies is that you can't rent a specific make and model...you rent a class and they give you what they have on hand. Might be a Nissan. Or a Hyundai.
Thanks for your feedback.
That’s what I thought.
Just FYI, with Avis I can specify a make and model in advance, but it will cost more and is through a dedicated customer line.
Models such as Range Rovers are available through that service but must be booked months in advance.

Have the GMC here also. Love the truck. Really not much different from Tahoe. Slightly nicer appointments. I think it looks better But that’s personal taste. Otherwise very similar.

Morty, are you allowed to drive left hand drive vehicles in the UK? I never seen a Tahoe/Yukon in rhd and they used to build Tahoes and Yukons here in town until 2009 when GM closed the plant here.

GMC Sierra owner here. Used to build Tahoes/Yukons/Suburbans/GM pickups/Ford Expedition & Pickups into custom vehicles.

Morty, are you allowed to drive left hand drive vehicles in the UK? I never seen a Tahoe/Yukon in rhd and they used to build Tahoes and Yukons here in town until 2009 when GM closed the plant here.

GMC Sierra owner here. Used to build Tahoes/Yukons/Suburbans/GM pickups/Ford Expedition & Pickups into custom vehicles.
Yes you can drive lhd vehicles in the UK, foreign cars import is a big business.
There are changes that need to be made to US imports but they are more around safety features such as indicators which work differently in the UK, headlights adjustments, etc...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom