1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What are you using for memory cards

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by motownflip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. With the ability to record video, I'm wondering if that changes what you all are using for memory. Please list brand, size, and why. Would be fun to see what you smart people are doing. Also, if you've seen any great deals on memory, that would be helpful too! Thanks.

2. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    I am planning on using the 4GB Sandisk EXTREME III SD cards when BH has them back in stock. I do not intend on a lot of video, so the 4GB marks is plenty for me.

Here is the deal on the 4GB cards w/ rebate:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/486937-REG/Sandisk_SDSDRX3_4096R_4GB_Extreme_III_Secure.html

3. 8G Sandisk Extreme III's for me, all the way.

4. yoose

yoose

May 17, 2008
    Hong Kong
    does anyone know the difference between the sandisk 8gb sdhc extreme III with product codes SDSDX3-8192 and SDSDRX3-8192-A21 in terms of specs? the descriptions on the sandisk site are the same, but the price on amazon is ~$35 vs. ~$67 respectively. Is there a performance difference or just old stock being discounted? Thanks.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Sandisk Extreme III and IV. 4gb cards

6. San Disk Extreme III or Ultra

7. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    San Disk Extreme IV and Lexar Professional.

Although today at Costco I did p/u 2 of the San Disk Ultra II b/c they were only $29 and what the heck. I'm not shooting sports and I figure if nothing else---- I can use them for family vacations and that kind of thing.

8. Classic105

Classic105

Sep 10, 2008
    Texas
    Does newegg dot com seem like the place to get the best price?
    I have bought several memory cards from them.
    Price was good and they arrived quickly.

Tks.
    :smile:

9. look at my post above! Sweet deal there. Ordered last night.

10. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Whatever reasonably fast 4gb cards I can get my hands on. Eventually I'll go to eights with the upgrade of my camera.

11. primoz

primoz

Aug 25, 2008
    Willoughby, Oh
    here's another vote for 4GB Sandisk Extreme III. I like the 4GB because I burn the captures to a DVD for back-up once the card is full.

oh and Ruff Draft, is your avatar from the new Sigur Ros Album?

12. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Guys...bought my D90 on Friday. At Best Buy they had Sandisk Ultra 2 card 8GB for 39.99. I set the camera at Large, JPEG Fine , VIVID and I can get about 1100 pictures

13. stringbean98

stringbean98

Jul 8, 2008
    NYC
    sandisk IV

Sandisk Extreme IV, 4GB! There was a big rebate going on a while back, and i snatched up 3 for only $86 total.

14. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    :biggrin: 4gb LexarPro UDMA 300x for $35 each after rebate (rebate expired 8/31).

15. Just bought 3 8gb Extreme III's. Got them in today. Probably going to sell the other two. We'll see.

16. I currently use two SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 8GB cards.

Although I wish that the D90 used UDMA Compact Flash. 300x (45MB/s) writing speed would be nice to have.

17. carbmac

carbmac

Oct 10, 2008
    Montreal
    EyeFi Explorer 2Gb... :tongue:

... in addition to 8GB Ultra II Sandisk and 8Gb Verbatim Premium.

18. davidwegs

davidwegs

Feb 7, 2008
    CO
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.