What bag now that my 120-300 is on the way??

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by tanglefoot47, Apr 26, 2007.

1. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    My slingshot 300 is to small for this lens attached to the 200 now what? I am looking at the Tamrac Pro 12 it seems like it might do the job. Then there's the Lowepro computrekker AW seems to be a good pack. Not sure if I want a pack or the shoulder bag. Any other suggestions? I don't need the pack like the Nature Trekker I don't like the waist band.

Mike

2. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    I have this bag: Tamrac Velocity 9.

It's cavernous and incredibly deep.

[​IMG]

I think it would work.

3. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    Detroit
    The 120-300 is a BIG lens, Mike, with a big tripod foot. :tongue:

I have the Tamrac Velocity 9, actually 2 of them. It has been my main/favorite bag for a long time. It is just deep enough to fit the d200/w grip and 70-200vr attached. You could prolly fit the 120-300 in the main pocket, without the camera attached. Dunno. Haven't tried it.

I use one of the big Lowepro backpacks for the 120-300 and don't attach the camera.

My advice would be to go to your favorite camera store and find a bag that will fit the lens and camera, the way you want it to fit.